Disc brake decision DONE..finally

-
Thank you Crack / Spank for the additional info. :thumleft: :iconbigg:

Gee wiz Mr Helpful I didnt know I had to have your permission to ask a question around here. I promise from now on to check with you before posting any questions and you can let me know if it makes sense to you. I sure wouldnt want you to be confused by anything I post. Perhaps if I type slower it will help your comprehension?
GFY big boy.:thumbup:

My apologies to the OP for the above thread pollution.

There are ALWAYS things that these kits dont come with, things that have to be modified, or parts they dont know or dont tell you that you'll need to complete the project. Additional expenses beyond the list of parts. I'm just looking for is some real numbers from someone who has done it for comparison to other "kits", thats all I was asking.

uh hey MR wizzard if (and I quote) "I have no interest in using the scarebird stuff" than WTF is your problem? I am not really interested in your answer I just want it "for comparison purposes."

Gee wiz Mr Helpful I didnt know I had to have your permission to ask a question around here. I promise from now on to check with you before posting any questions and you can let me know if it makes sense to you. I sure wouldnt want you to be confused by anything I post. Perhaps if I type slower it will help your comprehension?
GFY big boy.:thumbup:

My apologies to the OP for the above thread pollution.

There are ALWAYS things that these kits dont come with, things that have to be modified, or parts they dont know or dont tell you that you'll need to complete the project. Additional expenses beyond the list of parts. I'm just looking for is some real numbers from someone who has done it for comparison to other "kits", thats all I was asking.

at great risk, I'll say the obvious..
jimacuda, go back to your room and do your homework.
please don't talk smack to people who are trying to help you, and many others, make a decision on which brakes or whatever parts they need for their car. You asked a question that has already been adressed by the OP and, if you had searched, by some other members here in previous posts. ever hear "prices may vary"?
I'm not here to beat anybody down, theres alot of different opinions about what brakes work best and and which give the best bang for the buck.
I bought a scarebird kit for a 68 dart that I had because it was a reasonbly priced and well engineered setup for the intended use I had for the car, which was primarily street cruiser.
On my Valiant, I went with a Viper brake kit from AR Engineering because it is what I believe I'll need for the intended use of the car. Both kits were cost effective for me.
Please don't take offense, but it just doesn't help anybody by getting pissy with someone who's contributing to our cause.
aloha- pauly

No real offence taken Pauly but if you look back you'll notice no one gave a total figure until after I asked. (thank you Ironmike, Crackedback and Spankmeister) I wasnt criticizing anyones choice or dissing any manufacturer/supplier, simply looking for information while it was still fresh in the OP's mind. If someone decides to misinterpret my words and draw inaccurate conclusions I have no real control over that.
I will not, however, sit quietly and pretend its raining when someone pisses on me.

Again, my apologies to the OP.

I used there kit on my old AMC Matador and it was a snap.....I think all said and done it ate up 350 bones....

-
Back