Disc brake MC pushrod

-

kittypancake

Reaction score
I'm still trudging along on my drum to disc conversion on my 72 Valiant. Switching the 9" drums to 4 piston KH disc. I was about to order a master cylinder and I realized I don't know if the drum master cylinder pushrod is the same. Does anyone know? Manual brakes if that makes a difference.

Do you mean the brake pedal to master cylinder rod?

I can't say for sure but when I upgraded my single pot master cylinder to a dual master cylinder the rod would fit, but I found it too short. I think the diameter is the same. I bought an adjustable rod. You'll want to make sure you use a new push rod retainer. It attaches to the end of the push rod and goes into the master cylinder.

Do you mean the brake pedal to master cylinder rod?

I can't say for sure but when I upgraded my single pot master cylinder to a dual master cylinder the rod would fit, but I found it too short. I think the diameter is the same. I bought an adjustable rod. You'll want to make sure you use a new push rod retainer. It attaches to the end of the push rod and goes into the master cylinder.
Where did you get the adjustable rod?

Yep, that's the one I bought!! I bought my master cylinder from Rick Erhrenberg. Rick also sells a brake line fitting kit that makes it an all in one swap. I just bought some brake line and a double flare tool locally and I was good to go!

You'll also need to use the proportioning valve. My KH valve was leaking so I went with a Summit adjustable valve.

Oh, and don't forget to bench bleed the master cylinder. I mounted mine first before I bled it.

IMG_20150601_175750.jpg
IMG_20150604_154359.jpg

-
Back