disc brake size

-

duster731

young gun
Reaction score
Ok I have a little problem I took a disc brake conversion off of a dart exept for the rotors and when I went to price some from kragen I noticed there was two sizes of rotors would anyone the size rotors I would need the set up came off of a 75 dart and its going on my 73 duster thanks....

yep 10.87" or 11" and 11.75 are the only two rotors.

yep 10.87" or 11" and 11.75 are the only two rotors.

Yup, the later cars, R/J/M bodies came with 11.75" rotors that will fit '73 up spindles. Stock rotor size is 10.87"

And even if they were looking at drums, Darts shouldn't have come with the 11" drums either, front or back. The HD drums were 10" for the Darts, normal equipment was 9".

BrakeBest Select - Brake Rotor And Hub Assembly
Part # 7032RGS

that's from the Kragen site

O ok thanks and what about my master cylinder do I have to change it since I'm going to manual disc I saw kragen has it for 21$ plus core

The 11.75 Diplomat rotors require 15 inch rims.Just wanted to make sure you were aware of that fact.

O ok thanks and what about my master cylinder do I have to change it since I'm going to manual drums I saw kragen has it for 21$ plus core
Wat a sec, are you taking off disks and putting drums on????? I think you meant to say manual disks, I changed my master cylinder to the disk master cylinder. I'll start the arguement, the drum MC will lock the front disks..it did mine and they swore at NAPA that it was a direct replacement. Just get the whole package from the donor car, MC, spindle and brackets, upper control arms, calipers and the proportioning valve from the inner frame.

I have everything except the rotors and mc so on the kragen website it says they have a couple of mc and would the one that says manual disc work for me since my car is drum going to disc

-
Back