Disc brake spindles from a B Body

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
Will Disc brake spindles from a 70 Charger fit on a 67 A Body.Seems to me I read they will.I am wanting to convert my 67 Barracuda to big bolt disc brakes and I have the B body spindles.

Thanks,Jim

I read in mopar action that u can use A,B,F, and J spindles. They also mention the b body spindles have a degree more (SAI)steering axis inclination. Its supossed to make it steer and handle a little better.

yes the 70 spindles will fit. The onle disadvantage is the somewhat harder to find parts and just a bit less of durability compared to say, the 76 duster discs. But the spindle will fit. BTW, a 70 drum spindle will also fit any A body 63-76.

Yes, the spindles fit, but the dis-advantage to them, is if you already don't have usable, good rotors, you are going to be paying the oh my god price, for reproduction rotors.
And don't forget, you are also going to have to change your upper control arms to use those spindles, if you already weren't aware of that.

The B (as well as the F/M/J) spindles are a little taller than the A-body disk brake spindle. It has a minor effect on handling and alignment range, but nothing that makes them inherently unsafe using them in the A-body.

You will need a 73 or later upper control arm from an A-body. It really doesn't matter if you go with a re-used factory arm or one of the new tubular arms from the aftermarket. The B/F/M/J spindle uses the larger ball joint that was installed in the 73 and later A-bombs.

Autozone and O'Reilly's both have new disk brake rotors. The ones I got from AZ were made in China. After two years, I have had no issue with them on my daily driver.

Yes I am aware of the big ball joint A Arms.And 2 Darts is right you can purchase everythin to convert it at Advance auto or Autozone.

Yes, the spindles fit, but the dis-advantage to them, is if you already don't have usable, good rotors, you are going to be paying the oh my god price, for reproduction rotors.
And don't forget, you are also going to have to change your upper control arms to use those spindles, if you already weren't aware of that.

Auto zone sells a repro of the early 2 piece rotors for ~$90. I bought a set for my Challenger before I converted it to 73 up spindles and 11 3/4" rotors. Not the cheapest rotors out there, but not as bad as it was before.

-
Back