Disc Brake spindles

-

Cravin'sCuda

Reaction score
Im in process of rebuilding the complete front end of my 67 notch, and before I put it together should I switch the spindles so the calipers are towards the rear? It has a 68 K-frame and is running a stock sway bar.

Im in process of rebuilding the complete front end of my 67 notch, and before I put it together should I switch the spindles so the calipers are towards the rear? It has a 68 K-frame and is running a stock sway bar.

I would, it is better to have them in the rear if the bleeders are up top and in most cases give you more clearance too.

As far as stopping goes I think many books I have read suggest the grab better when rear mounted.

My Dart allready had the 73-76 LBP disc set up on it. But the previous owner had the calipers front mounted. The calipers would hit the stabilizer links when the wheels were turned. When I just rebuilt the front end. I swaped the spindles and calipers to the rear. Much better set up. I highly reccomend it.

Dont forget to chack the fluid lines to the calipers. They need to be altered in some manner to prevent pull apart in turning

I have installed a disc brake set up from a 74 dart into my 69 barracuda. The sway bar is of course in the way to put the calipers on the front, so i swapped the spindles from side to side and now have the calipers on the back. They are the single piston calipers. Problem i see now is the bleed screws are on the bottom instead of the top.
Will this be a problem when i go to bleed this system down?

I have installed a disc brake set up from a 74 dart into my 69 barracuda. The sway bar is of course in the way to put the calipers on the front, so i swapped the spindles from side to side and now have the calipers on the back. They are the single piston calipers. Problem i see now is the bleed screws are on the bottom instead of the top.
Will this be a problem when i go to bleed this system down?

What you need to do is swap sides on the calipers. The bleeders need to be on the top to be able to purge the air out of the system.

i would put them to the rear since its off the car. just switch calipers side to side as well to keep bleeders up.

-
Back