Disc brake swap questions

-

Cudapete

Reaction score
I've got a chance to buy some 67-69? a body front disc brake spindles for $75 I was thinking of buying them for my 68 gts dart but my questions are

1) how easy is it to come up rotors that have the bearing hub all in one

2)If the rotors above arent available, can I get the summit ones and use a seperate hub and bearing assembly, how readily available is the hub?

3)Can I get reman calipers say at napa for the dart application or can I use a gm style caliper and if so what model?

4) will i need to change the proportioning valve?

5)Is there anything I'm not thinking of to do this swap this way.

I know there are so many kits available aftermarket now but this came up so I thought Id look into doing it this way first if it wasnt too difficult and pricey plus I need to stay small bolt pattern, if this winds up too difficult and expensive I'll probably just get the wilwood kit that has dual bolt pattern. Though it wont be tomorrow thats for sure! still have some other things to do first before i spend $1000 on front discs!

Any info is much appreciated.

The cost to round up all the brackets, mounts, etc.. needed for those calipers, plus the cost of reman'd calipers without cores ... You may spend more than what aftermarket costs.

-
Back