Disc conversion question

-

ellard83

Reaction score
I bought front disc from a 78 Volare. Seller said I need to use everything he gave me to fit my 73 Duster. He gave me UCA, Spindle, LCA, steering tie rods. Do I really need to use it all or just the UCA, spindle, calipers? I don't think I need UCA or tie rods at least nothing online says I do. Drum setup is my car and stuff on ground is what I bought.

20230715_063953.jpg

20230715_063844.jpg

Depends on "what drums" and "what car". I BELIEVE that the 73/ later cars which were drum, IF they were the larger 10" drums, can use the same UCA. "Generally" drum to disc, you must use disk UCA

You should not need LCA nor tie rod ends. Consider carrefully whether to put the spindles on with the calipers to the front (OEM) or rear (maybe better). Depending on anti sway bar or aftermarket, you may want them to the rear. Swap calipers side for side so the bleeders are on top. Generally I've hear you can use some Camaro hoses, but I and others used Volare front hoses

That is a 73- 76 Duster , Dart suspension. Volares and Aspens have press in lower ball joints and cross over torsion bars.
Are you saying everything but the spindle is dart? It looks the same as mine but the spindle is disc not drum. I'm sure once I take mine apart it will be obvious. Thanks for the help

Are you saying everything but the spindle is dart? It looks the same as mine but the spindle is disc not drum. I'm sure once I take mine apart it will be obvious. Thanks for the help
No, he's saying what you have is not what you have been told. He is saying that what you have is all A body, just exactly like you would want for a bolt in. Re-real what I told you. Not sure what you have for an upper CA, you may or may not need to change that depending on the drum brakes you have. You should not need those lower arms.

Also, if you don't have, run over to MyMopar.com and download the two volumes for the 73 factory service manual. That manual GOT there because of some of us on HERE

No, he's saying what you have is not what you have been told. He is saying that what you have is all A body, just exactly like you would want for a bolt in. Re-real what I told you. Not sure what you have for an upper CA, you may or may not need to change that depending on the drum brakes you have. You should not need those lower arms.

Also, if you don't have, run over to MyMopar.com and download the two volumes for the 73 factory service manual. That manual GOT there because of some of us on HERE
Thank you. I'll take a closer look and measure my drums

-
Back