-
Status
Not open for further replies.

70-duster

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 71 duster that I put all new brakes on but am having a hard time finding a new disc proportioning valve for it. If I can't find a new one, I'll take a good used one that works if someone has one. PM me what you have.

check master power brakes,, or any street rod after market brake company,,local street rod shop,,jegs,,,summit,,, it may not be orignal but availabel

They sell an add on adjustable prop valve for the fronts with a dial on it for this swap

I have one from a 77 F body, all brass factory piece. $50 shipped in the US, PM me.

I have one from a 70 dart that had disc brakes.PM me if tou still need one. Mark

If a used one comes from a fluid system that is open it's probably junk. Brake fluid attacks water and generates rust. The valve isn't serviced either. Save yourself some grief and buy a new one. Just my .02

If a used one comes from a fluid system that is open it's probably junk. Brake fluid attacks water and generates rust. The valve isn't serviced either. Save yourself some grief and buy a new one. Just my .02
I think your wrong about that but it is your .02

I have a used one on my car that was not open and rust still developed in it. I put a new master cylinder on it and pumped a bunch of crap out of the lines in the front. When I did the back, nothing came out. I got alot of air bubbles in the front resevoir of the master and developed a leak at the prop valve at the top brass fitting, so i tightened that and still nothing. I can't get any fluid to the rear brakes. My only other check will be the distribution block on the rear axle.

rubber lines on the back axle? The front brakes work, the rubber lines on hte front have been replaced.

There is a rubber line that goes from the block up to the hard line on the rear axle.

A cast iron prop valve may rust if fluid is left in it, but many of the factory ones are also made of brass. Unless there are steel components in the brass ones (which I doubt ) I don't think rust will be an issue.

I tore my prop valve down. Rust wasn't an issue probably because the unit was sealed and the housing is brass. My concern is the condition of the rubber plungers (maybe not the correct term) and o-rings. If I find a rebuild kit or suitable replacements for the soft components, I'll use the original unit. Otherwise I think I'll have to go new.

Attachments

• P1000189.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 90
check with classic industries, I belive they list one for that aqpplication, in there new mopar catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back