disconnecting a/c control cables

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am removing the dash assembly and was trying to figure out the best end to disconnect the a/c vent cables. I have the dash pulled and the steering column dropped. I can see the screws holding the cable to the a/c assembly. Is this the best place to disconnect these and would the assembly go in the reverse direction? These cables always seem to haunt me during re-assembly and re-install of the dash. They must reach in right before the final push and hook these two cables to the a/c box. Is my thinking correct here. I don't want to screw anything up/

I am removing the dash assembly and was trying to figure out the best end to disconnect the a/c vent cables. I have the dash pulled and the steering column dropped. I can see the screws holding the cable to the a/c assembly. Is this the best place to disconnect these and would the assembly go in the reverse direction? These cables always seem to haunt me during re-assembly and re-install of the dash. They must reach in right before the final push and hook these two cables to the a/c box. Is my thinking correct here. I don't want to screw anything up/
btt

I always remove the 2 screws holding the climate controller to the bezel and leave it in the car.

I access them from under the dash?
Or reach around the partially removed bezel. I use a 1/4 drive finger ratchet, 2 inch extension and 3/8 socket. Rallye bezel had 2 screws. Standard bezel has 2 studs with nuts and a third controller support down from the right side of the speaker.

-
Back