Disk brake conversion question

-

jglover_81

Reaction score
I have a 72 Scamp that I'm in the process of gathering parts to convert it to BBP disk. I have a set of 73+ rotors and calipers just trying to find spindles and control arms. I read on another post that all spindles 73 or newer are essentially the same, but what about a 73 van? I have one that is accessible to get parts from and was just wondering if they would work or if I need to keep looking? Thanks for any help!

Van and truck are completely different. Do a search and there is plenty of threads covering which spindles you can use. I have an extra pair of BBJ upper control arms.

How much would you want for them?

I looked at several that said any car spindles after 73 but having that van at my in-laws I couldn't help but wonder

While you are at this, consider reversing the spindles which puts the calipers to the rear. Depending on your suspension (future?) anti-sway bar setup, this creates more room for one. You'll have to make certain the bleeder screws end up on top, and use longer Volare hoses.

While you are at this, consider reversing the spindles which puts the calipers to the rear. Depending on your suspension (future?) anti-sway bar setup, this creates more room for one. You'll have to make certain the bleeder screws end up on top, and use longer Volare hoses.

I wound up having to do that on my 69. I have a sway bar.

I have a 74 with a sway bar and I didn't have to reverse the spindles or calibers.......so it may be year dependent

-
Back