distance for cars?

-

spl440

Everybody's Fool
Reaction score
Was in a drive thru line at a fast food joint, could not believe the person driving the SUV in front of us would not get closer than 10 feet to the car in front of them! Since when are we worried about vehicles? It is usually at least 10 feet from the drivers position to the back of a vehicle, so we need another 10 feet on top of that? Was surprised the car did not have a mask on it.

Was in a drive thru line at a fast food joint, could not believe the person driving the SUV in front of us would not get closer than 10 feet to the car in front of them! Since when are we worried about vehicles? It is usually at least 10 feet from the drivers position to the back of a vehicle, so we need another 10 feet on top of that? Was surprised the car did not have a mask on it.

Virus or not 10 feet is close enough.
Twice I have had people not paying attention to holding the brakes run into the back of me.
Once on my dresser bike with my Son on the back, and once in my Nissan truck in a drive through.
upload_2020-4-6_21-14-10.jpeg

10 feet might of been an understatement, was at least a car length, waaaaay more than what was needed.

Depends on which way the breeze is blowing. And speaking of breezes, does a fart contain the corona virus. After all, some can hang in the air a long time.

Im gonna say this.

Automatic transmissions are the cause of most traffic.

How close are you to the rear bumper in a stick car?

10 foot away?

Hell yes.

My girl and everyone else on the road driving autk trans.

2 foot.

DAM , THEY PROBLY WERE TRYING TO SAVE GAS BY NOT SETTING THERE IDLEING , I do it a lot . Dont matter , as long as the person moves when the time comes , think about it !

Here in my town where we have a very long beach area, we are not allowed to park within a hundred feet of another car because of Corona (along the beach front).

All good points, was just the first time I have seen it. Was actually weird, like a ghost car was in line.

10 feet might of been an understatement, was at least a car length, waaaaay more than what was needed.

I go by the "can see the tires of the car in front of you where they touch the ground" rule.
Also go by the 1 car length for every 10mph rule.

Never been involved in an accident that was my fault either, but have been hit by others that were too close and not paying attention.

Now my oldest Daughter threw her car in reverse and slammed into the car behind her in a drive through on purpose once.:D
The guy was yelling at her to move up closer to the car in front of her.
I guess he thought he was going to get his order faster.:D

No kidding or BS, it really happened.

Last edited:
I drive a F250 Super Duty long bed extended bed, I typically park in the south 40 and walk so I don't have to do a 3 point turn just to get into a diagonal parking stall.

I'm now seeing cars parking in stalls all spaced out, which puts them into my parking lot.

Alan

ive put 4-5 car lenghts in between me and the car in front of me, simply because the lousier their music is, the louder it gets

I hate it when there is room in front of them that they don't use, and they're preventing you from ordering because you're too far away from the speaker.

The sooner you can place your order, the less waiting at the pickup window.

Then there are those people the won't pull forward so you can get into the left turn lane and make the light..........

-
Back