Distractions

-

Mrmopartech

Reaction score
I would please advise members and there family to have a sit down talk to them about driving with distractions,cell phones and texting.Friday afternoon coming back from doing some work on a 50 plymouth in a near by town,I stop to allow a car to pass/dodge SUV,as there where road workers doing some surveying,not a problem,they will flag me through and I will be on my way,not so quick.Some young kid in a honda something,as there is nothing left of it now,rear ends my dodge ram 1500 4x2 at some 45-55MPH,I am at a stand still,waiting to go through.I fit so hard that when I was hit,my head hit the back glass and blow out the back glass,causing glass every where and the truck flying forward.The Honda has the front end some where over the front wheels now,the trucks bed is toast,frame,suspension,back glass,my fiber glass bed cover is toast and it,s bent and twisted.Now I need another truck asap,and need to go to work.Now the kid is in bad shape,with a **** load of injuries,says he did not see a 18 foot long truck,weighing in at 4500lbs+,7 feet tall and some 6-7 feet wide,it must have that klingon cloaking system built into the truck,dealer option only.So sit down and talk to them,so they get home in 1 piece please,mrmopartech 450 424 0445 If you need pics I have them on the truck as the site will not allow the upload,MMT

You can talk to them until you are blue in the face. Some will listen, most won't, they think they are invincible and suffer from "it won't happen to me" syndrome.

I drive a truck for a living so I have a birds eye view into passing cars. I would have to say 80 to 90 percent of people are doing something with their phone when they pass.

I was tooling across I-70 in Missouri yesterday and 5 cars all running less than a car length apart blew by me at about 80, I had my cruise set at 71. 3 out of the 5 were texting!

With all the technology out there today I can not understand why the phone manufactures do not include some sort of motion detecting device disabling the phone while it is moving. Not saying he has using his phone but...sorry to read of your accident...

With all the technology out there today I can not understand why the phone manufactures do not include some sort of motion detecting device disabling the phone while it is moving. Not saying he has using his phone but...sorry to read of your accident...

They do, but it can be turned off.

I drive a truck for a living so I have a birds eye view into passing cars. I would have to say 80 to 90 percent of people are doing something with their phone when they pass.

X2
I see them working on a laptop, holding an Ipad, talking on phones and best of all- holding a phone in one hand and a coffee or soda in the other - all the while tailgating.
Amazing what you see looking down into 4wheelers

Scott, sorry to hear, but glad you are well enough to post. I will add that it is NOT just teenagers...watch the "soccer moms" its ridiculous.
IMO the instant tech/info available to people...feeds their "need" to be recognized....facebook/youtube "likes/dislikes" etc.
Fines to be increased even more, and if caught and are a probationary driver, their license should be revoked, like it is with DUI

But any passenger is ok to talk on the phone. How would the software to automatically cut it off be able to tell who is the driver?

But any passenger is ok to talk on the phone. How would the software to automatically cut it off be able to tell who is the driver?

So because the passenger should be allowed to talk people get in accidents?

Sorry to hear about your truck. I feel the same way about people on their cell phones while driving.

If I call out someone for talking on their phones while driving, they get pretty offended. They don't realize the danger that they are putting everyone in. Clueless.... :banghead:

After going to the hospital and find out I had a concussion,and chest pain from the seat belt stopping me from going through the window,today the head pounding has stopped a bit and is less,chest pain going away and the pain killers are starting to work.Walked around after the accident and did not feel much,till a few hours later,then things started getting a little sore and you could tell some thing was off in the balance,hospital asap,today is a much better day,mrmopartech if you need pictures,PM me your email address and I send them,scott

Driving is a privilege,not a right,and a 3000 lbs plus weapon in the wrong hands.

I understand what you are saying...and that is the hangup....I will never suggest putting the value of someones property....and perhaps there life over the convenience of a passenger being able to use there phone again....Sorry for the mistake...

-
Back