Distributer wires

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
The 2 wires that come out of the distributer and go into the plug on all our Mopars (in this case a slant dist.), I'm guessing that in a total custom/bastardized ignition system the black wire would be the ground and the tan wire would be the hot/trigger or would that cause the earth to explode?

I'm kicking around some ideas and my brain stopped working because I forgot to eat.

That would be correct, at least in my version of reality. Would it really be such a bad thing if the earth did explode? That would get rid of a whole passel of oxygen thieves that are already dead from the neck up.

So the tan wire will be the trigger and the black I can run to the neg. coil or should it goto a motor/frame ground?

So the tan wire will be the trigger and the black I can run to the neg. coil or should it goto a motor/frame ground?
Black to - on coil.Scamp are you having a brain fart?I think I wired my electronic ign. from a thread you posted.Thanks.LOL!

I know, I know!
I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, I can usually wire a car with no problems but for some reason my brain just shut off today. I shouldn't be playing with electricity right now :snakeman:

Hell with it I'm done for the day, I don't want to F anything up, I'll deal with it later!
Thanks guys.

....now that I think about it I did whack the living **** out of my head the other day at work, maybe I retarded my self?!

Aside from colors of wires - use a voltmeter and the one with voltage on it when you turn the ignition key goes to the + on the coil. The - on the coil goes to the distributor.

-
Back