distribution block fittings

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
I am plumbing new disc brakes on my Duster. I am trying to lay out the installation and make a single purchase for all the remaining things I need which is mainly fittings.

A Hurst line lock will be plumbed in after the dist. block. (proper way to do it) One of the front brake outlet holes will be need to be plugged (on the block) while the other will feed the line lock. The outlet ports on the line lock are 1/8 NPT so I will need two adapters for the inverted flare brake fittings that go out to the front brakes. They supply a plug in the kit for the other unused outlet port.

The line lock itself acts like a tee since there are three outlets for the front brakes. Since this is a street car, I need to keep the dist. block/pressure diff. valve in place. An adjustable prop valve will go in the front-to-rear line in series after the dist. block. The kit comes with 1/8 NPT adapters already.

I got a repro OE-type disc brake or 'Texas' distribution block thingy, like this:

BLK250-46.JPG

I need to get tube nuts/fittings for this job. Can anyone confirm the inlet and outlet fitting sizes for me? I believe they are as follows but I'm not sure;

• from front brake reservoir on master to large hex/inverted flare inlet on top of the block is 9/16-18 inverted flare for 3/16" line
  • the two outlet ports that feed the front brake lines are 7/16-24 inverted flare for 3/16" line
  • the two ports that connect the rear brake lines to the master are 3/8-24 for 3/16" line.
Again, please confirm or let me know what they are if I'm wrong. Thanks!

Greg

I bought the install kit from Jegs. Had all of the fittings and more.

[ame]http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/huu-1745000(2)1.pdf[/ame]

I'm aware of the Roll Control install kit but that is not what I am looking for.

I need the fitting sizes on the distribution block inlet and outlet ports only.

Inline Tube has stainless fittings which are nice for us here in the Northeast where the weather wreaks havoc on exposed steel. The OE type fittings I took off the car were seized from corrosion and required a LOT of force to break loose. I do not believe the Hurst kit has stainless fittings. I don't want this stuff seized next time I have to mess with them.

Anyone else?

Don't know if this picture will help you out, or not.
Pulled it off the internet somewhere, and saved the picture.
It's a 71 B & E Body valve, though.

Attachments

• pv6070mop-w-specs.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 331
Don't know if this picture will help you out, or not.
Pulled it off the internet somewhere, and saved the picture.
It's a 71 B & E Body valve, though.

Thanks Jim, exactly what I needed. The main dist. block in the pic is the same as the one I have. The second block hanging off the L bracket is the hold off valve.

And for anyone keeping score at home, I was wrong about the dist. block being referred to as the 'Texas' valve. It's actually that hold off valve that is shaped like the Lone Star State!

-
Back