distribution block on 83/4 do the come off easily

-

Reaction score
Had to change my brake line on the passenger side on 83/4 rear end. Unforunately i cross threaded the brake fitting for the line going to the passenger side from the distribution block. this is the block mounted on the rearend with a vent in the middle. i cant get a tap in to repair the threads no room. does this block come off easily, or should i use another block and leave this one mounted. any help would be great. i noticed there is a nut under the vent cap but mine is rounded were someone tried to remove before so i dont know if it will come loose.

the vent bolt takes a 9/16 wrench....vent just unscrews and the block can be removed..replaced...repaired...

thanks guys i got it out. and yeah i wrecked the threads . i think i can rethread with a bottoming tap. otherwise i need a new block. will try local store tommorow. has anybody had luck buying these at a local parts store?

2x its just threaded in there like a banjo bolt (hallow)

im sure you can buy them but i couldn't get the T block from any parts store so hopefully i saved you a trip!

thanks guys i got it out. and yeah i wrecked the threads . i think i can rethread with a bottoming tap. otherwise i need a new block. will try local store tommorow. has anybody had luck buying these at a local parts store?

must not have read my post...

-
Back