Distributor advice

-
Are you guys talking about this plus the 6al box and wire etc? Cause if so i was planning originally to go that route when i get my bonus lol
MSD Billet Distributors 8534

View attachment 1715420297
Here is what I got. I think there was a $50 off on $500 or more at the time. Also, I am not sure on the wires. I have headers, so I got a set with straight boots and made my own The tool they give you works fine. Since the header tube off of cylinder #3 comes very close to the wires on #s 5 & 7, I bought a 2 pack of MSD make your own wires with 90 degree boots.

MSD Blaster II 8203 Coil $60: 1969 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA Ignitions & Electrical

MSD Billet Distributors 8534 $271 1969 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA MSD Billet Distributors 8534

Plug Wires 32749 $102: 1969 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Spark Plug Wire Sets 32749

Digital 6AL box $270: MSD Digital 6AL Ignition Controllers 6425

Here is what I got. I think there was a $50 off on $500 or more at the time. Also, I am not sure on the wires. I have headers, so I got a set with straight boots and made my own The tool they give you works fine. Since the header tube off of cylinder #3 comes very close to the wires on #s 5 & 7, I bought a 2 pack of MSD make your own wires with 90 degree boots.

MSD Blaster II 8203 Coil $60: 1969 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA Ignitions & Electrical

MSD Billet Distributors 8534 $271 1969 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA MSD Billet Distributors 8534

Plug Wires 32749 $102: 1969 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Spark Plug Wire Sets 32749

Digital 6AL box $270: MSD Digital 6AL Ignition Controllers 6425
So for a set up like that ill be a little above 600 but im just curious if i need to go vaccum advance route also?

So for a set up like that ill be a little above 600 but im just curious if i need to go vaccum advance route also?

Are you wanting to get 30 mpg out of your motor if so go vaccum..
My 81 big block Dodge dually gets 12 mpg using a 6AL with no vaccum advance.

Are you wanting to get 30 mpg out of your motor if so go vaccum..
My 81 big block Dodge dually gets 12 mpg using a 6AL with no vaccum advance.
Does it run hotter without it at all? I was just curious but i am probably going to go with this setup

The Pertronix Hp Digital box is made in the USA

PerTronix Digital HP Ignition Boxes 510
Luckily for me I had a trusty chinese made ready to run distributor in a pinch because this american made box didn't work. I bought it based on the reviews and although I know mine was probably not a common occurrence man it was a disappointing one none the less.

Luckily for me I had a trusty chinese made ready to run distributor in a pinch because this american made box didn't work. I bought it based on the reviews and although I know mine was probably not a common occurrence man it was a disappointing one none the less.

I work in manufacturing, so yes there will be yield no matter where its made. All the offshore folks I deal with are hard working and dedicated people. Crappy products regardless of origin usually have a crappy design (or poor copy) and crappy manufacturing.

A lot of offshore parts are very high quality now but the stigma lingers...

I think the Billet distributor would be more of a performance item. MSD does make a distributor with vacuum advance and a built in ignition module. I think it is more for stock and lightly modified engines. However, you will not get multiple sparks below 3000 RPM like with the 6AL. That may work well for you. Plus it would be a lot cheaper than buying a 6AL box and a billet distributor. Call them on their toll free number and see what they have to say.

I think the Billet distributor would be more of a performance item. MSD does make a distributor with vacuum advance and a built in ignition module. I think it is more for stock and lightly modified engines. However, you will not get multiple sparks below 3000 RPM like with the 6AL. That may work well for you. Plus it would be a lot cheaper than buying a 6AL box and a billet distributor. Call them on their toll free number and see what they have to say.

Performance is what his engine is built for I think.
340 with a 4,070 bore and a 360 stroke with aluminum heads and camed up.

Performance is what his engine is built for I think.
340 with a 4,070 bore and a 360 stroke with aluminum heads and camed up.
Thanks. Somehow, I guess I missed that. Then he definitely needs to go the route I went. It may be $600, but WELL worth it.

Thanks. Somehow, I guess I missed that. Then he definitely needs to go the route I went. It may be $600, but WELL worth it.
Anyone know any good promo codes seems lile the ones on summit sucks lately all i need to get is this ignition kit and my engine is done and then it can be dropped in and broke in then driven, for building a engine in a year and 1 month thats not to bad i dont think i dont know what average build timw is for people

-
Back