Distributor Reluctor Orientation

-

earlymopar

Reaction score
I was sifting through old threads here on distributor reluctor orientation and found these 2 pictures both of which were noted as the correct reluctor orientation for a small block. Given these appear to be opposite from one another, which is correct? (I'm dealing with a "replacement" distributor where the reluctor has no arrows so need to refer to the rotor slot as a reference feature relative to the reluctor position...…)

Thanks, EM

CW Reluctor & Pin Oreintation.jpg
Clockwise Reluctor & Pin Orientation2.jpg

I was sifting through old threads here on distributor reluctor orientation and found these 2 pictures both of which were noted as the correct reluctor orientation for a small block. Given these appear to be opposite from one another, which is correct? (I'm dealing with a "replacement" distributor where the reluctor has no arrows so need to refer to the rotor slot as a reference feature relative to the reluctor position...…)

Thanks, EM

View attachment 1715381920 View attachment 1715381921

Hi usually there are marks of one side, the pictures are correct. maybe they have installed it upside down ?..
just my thought

//BooW

There is only one roll pin so if it's clockwise put the roll pin in that hole. if no arrow, It's your guess. maybe find an old dist to line it up with.

Thanks Boo. I'll confirm whether the reluctor is upside down. As to the pictures (unless I'm looking at them wrong) only one of them can be correct as they both show a different rotor slot orientation.

It is simple. There is an arrow (maybe two) stamped on the reluctor. You match the arrow and the keyway to the distributor rotation. If there is no arrow(s), I don't know what to tell you

You can see in this photo the keyway is about 4 o'clock, and the arrow goes left. This is set up for a B/RB

pb240022-jpg.jpg

Thanks, EM

View attachment 1715381920 View attachment 1715381921

The bottom pic is for smallblock and the top one for bigblock.

-
Back