Distributor snap ring removal tool?

-

LivewireBlanco

Reaction score
I tried last night for over an hour to remove the snap ring on my distributor advance plate and couldn't get it off. What tool are ya'll using to get that little sucker off? I tried using two small flat blade screwdrivers and some long tweezers but no luck.

OK heres a secret. Long nose jewelers pliers and a flat blade screwdriver under the cam plate. Apply the pressure upwards and use the pliers to spread the "JESUS where did it go clip" Works well. Now getting it back in sucks also. Had to have a tool made to do it easily. Don't lose it very hard to come by. Hope it helps.

OK heres a secret. Long nose jewelers pliers and a flat blade screwdriver under the cam plate. Apply the pressure upwards and use the pliers to spread the "JESUS where did it go clip" Works well. Now getting it back in sucks also. Had to have a tool made to do it easily. Don't lose it very hard to come by. Hope it helps.
The straight kind or angled? I'm going to get this damn ring off today!

OK heres a secret. Long nose jewelers pliers and a flat blade screwdriver under the cam plate. Apply the pressure upwards and use the pliers to spread the "JESUS where did it go clip" Works well. Now getting it back in sucks also. Had to have a tool made to do it easily.
This guy should know because he overhauls distributors.

[FOR SALE] - Rebuilt distributors by the number.
lOL moi?

Here you go HF has them 2 bucks!
s-tnn7776.png

You owe me me a beer if ever meet.

-
Back