Distributor thrust bushing roll pin

-

jarvitron

Reaction score
I managed to knock my distributor off the shelf and when it fell it shattered the nylon-lookin' thrust bushing where the shaft enters the main body. I have a computercontrolly magnum dist I can steal the part from but I'm having issues getting the roll pins out without damaging the plastic. Anybody have any tips or tricks to get this guy off whole?
pin.jpg

I used a small pin punch when I removed mine. You need one slightly smaller than the outside diameter of the pin and a steady hand.

I don't thing they were designed to be removed without damage. I haven't checked this in years, but you USED to be able to buy a bushing kit for Mopar distributors from Ma, which contained the bushings, washer, retainer and pin, etc. Hell I used to buy 3 at a time back when I ran single point distributors.

I can't figure out what these folks are talking about. They talk like it's a "rebuild kit" but there's no bushings. In any case, it seems to be a replacement collar

http://marketplaceadvisor.channelad...tail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=92390&c=59153&i=11781254

Yeah, avoid that channeladvisor link there, that's a scam scraper site of an ebay auction. Looks like BRE has a kit for $9? I might be able to do it with a punch if I chuck it up in the vise.

Secure it real good and put the high side of the pin up. Lay a chisel or something solid on it and hit it first to start it moving and finish up with the punch. You can get it out but you have to be careful as you are well aware.

You're right!! I can't get that thing to load!! What the hell do they use, a 110 baud modem?

090527-300baud-01.jpg

-
Back