Division 3 ET Finals

-

flyfish

C8H18+N2O = :-D
Reaction score
This was my first trip to the ET finals and it was a GREAT time. The best racers from 24 different race tracks. I qualified for the 32 car shootout on Friday (best packages made it in) and made it to the final round before losing to one of my team Lucas Oil Raceway team mates that I race every weekend...he slapped me with a .001 light...and mine was just not good enough...I lost on a double breakout, but we split the pot, so it was cool.

In the main event I went 3 rounds (down to 38 cars) before losing to a guy that won the national championship...all my friends were telling me who he was BEFORE I ran him....thanks guys....:banghead:......It didn't effect me, but my car ran just a little off and he had a little better light, no biggie, that's racing.

The previous round (Rd 2) I had another heavy hitter that made the trip to Pomona a few years before, and of course all my buddies had to point out who he was too...(seriously guys, I don't want to know these things till AFTER, LOL)....that race was fun. I dialed up a few on him, chased him down to the big end, waited till I was just off his fender and dropped the anchor to break him out. Thank the good Lord for 4 wheel disc breaks! Over all it was a very good weekend! :D

Always fun to go to these.
Ours (DIV 4) is in October at the Texas Motorplex.
We look foward to it every year.

That sounds fantastic...Great job!

Win or lose, it was always satisfying to run against the better cars/drivers.

Also, like the NotchBack!
I'm trying to finish mine (1967) to take to Dallas.
Plan running it & the Demon in two different classes, with my son driving both.

Congrats on a good weekend. Going rounds is always fun!

-
Back