Division Bars

-

flashsuperstar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Struggling with install of division bars on my 72 Plymouth Scamp, any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

What is the problem you are having with it?
The division bars tear at the introduction to the channel. I don’t seem to be able to get them to go in to the channel. Frustrated, I have already ruined two sets.

Last edited:
You're talking about the felt covered plastic slides on the front edge of the door glass that go inside the vent window frame? If so, put the door glass with those parts inside the frame first, then put them in the door as an assembly. Having 4 hands helps in this procedure. I've also done it by taking the upper section of the vent frame apart (including the rubber tip) and sliding the door glass down from the top, but, I think the other way is easier.

You're talking about the felt covered plastic slides on the front edge of the door glass that go inside the vent window frame? If so, put the door glass with those parts inside the frame first, then put them in the door as an assembly. Having 4 hands helps in this procedure. I've also done it by taking the upper section of the vent frame apart (including the rubber tip) and sliding the door glass down from the top, but, I think the other way is easier.
Yes that is exactly what I am talking about. Thank you for the suggestion, I have tried several times, by myself to follow that lead, I am having a hard time trying to get the door glass to go in without tearing up the felt. Just was wondering if there was a way I was not aware of. Again thank you, I will try again, if no luck I am going to talk with a couple of glass shops locally to see if they can give me any insight.

Yes that is exactly what I am talking about. Thank you for the suggestion, I have tried several times, by myself to follow that lead, I am having a hard time trying to get the door glass to go in without tearing up the felt. Just was wondering if there was a way I was not aware of. Again thank you, I will try again, if no luck I am going to talk with a couple of glass shops locally to see if they can give me any insight.
I lay them both flat on a blanket and slide one into the other.

-
Back