DIY disk brake ?'s

-

yeah

The gang’s all here
Reaction score
hey everybody,

I have a 73 dart sport with drums up front in a 5x4 pattern and i would like to switch them to power discs with a 5x4.5 pattern.....here's my parts list so far

Magnum drop spindles http://www.magnumforceracing.com/store/detail.asp?ProductID=3939
Wagner Brake Rotor part no. BD60463(advance auto parts)

Cardone Power Brake Booster and master cylinder part no. 50-6101(advance auto parts)

Cardone Friction Choice brake caliper part no. 18-4067 and 18-4068 (advance auto parts)

Tru Torque Brake hose part no. H79382 (advance auto parts)

getdiscbrakes.com stainless brake lines part no. YKT7302

Im missing the proportioning valve, but i don't know where to find it
And also i was wondering if the the wheel bearing is contained within the hub/rotor assembly. Or do i need to buy the wheel bearing separate if so then where can i find it?

That is all the parts i have so far on my list, I was hoping someone who has done this swap could chime in and let me know if I am forgetting anything. I also hope some one can tell me whether this swap will even work.....I'm very new to MOPARs and muscle cars in general.

Thank you so much, any help or input will be greatly appreciated

Peter

Check out Mopar Action magazine (online) for their tech article, Disk-O-Rama. This is the definitive piece on the drum to disc conversion. Has a parts list, too. I would also highly recommend you consider subscribing to the mag--it is not only extremely helpful, but also loaded with wry, almost subversive, humor.

Recommend you compare prices for your parts list with Autozone and Rockauto.com.

I'd say there is a bit of an odd mix of skimping and splurging there. I'd pass on the exotic drop spindles - F/M/J body spindles work fine if you can't find a set of '73-'76 A body disc spindles, and use the money saved to get a somewhat better quality master cylinder and calipers. Cardone isn't exactly the best quality remanufacturer.

-
Back