DMT Overlays

-
I saw a video of that pen last year, so that's what I was going to use for the chrome details. Do the pens cover evenly, and what size did you use?

I bought this set: 1mm, 2mm, and 4 mm. The 1mm was too small and didn’t work well. 4mm was a bit big but worked well on thicker ribs and such. I used the 2mm most of all. They cover decent-it is tricky to go back and touch up things. I had a broken bezel that I experimented with first.

3F5E4230-ACA2-4E17-BFB3-2846B538BD75.jpeg

As mentioned in post #24 I made a gauge / switch panel and covered it with the same material that DMT uses for the dash overlay. I wanted a more subdued dash appearance so I used the flat black vinyl. The front is a 1/4 inch thick aluminum plate with the vinyl overlay. I needed the thickness to carry the weight of the gauges, switches and radio. Gave them a nice solid mounting surface.
The sides are basically the vinyl with some light aluminum brackets for mounts

5F3F23A4-39C5-4C99-8847-5472F4FE46C1.jpeg

The DTM overlays are great! They fit perfect, and so far have held up really well for me. I actually sent a few different rallye dashs back and forth with Jim, the owner of DMT, to get the lower overlays made up for my dash.

This picture is from the original installation in November of 2013
View attachment 1715916883

From September of 2020 when I added the console. They're still great, but that's apparently the last picture I took of the dash.
View attachment 1715916884

Mine were not adhesive backed, I glued them on myself with an epoxy type glue. The dash overlays I got back in 2013 though. The console was newer than that, probably a few years ago. But also not adhesive backed.
I ain't a carbon fiber kinda dude, but the quality looks good.

How long ago did you get them? It's not a peel and stick deal, ya have to wet em..
I have Rally Dash set made outa alum n carbon fiber design I call DMT n he says use RTV to attach. Duh me just like the direction said in the package I got.

-
Back