DMT window gaskets

-

khuebner250

Reaction score
Has anyone used DMT front and rear window gaskets? Have a '68 notchback. Wondering your thoughts. Or if steele is still the way to go? I have used a lot of DMT stuff and all has been to notch. But hsvehav heard anything on their window gaskets.

Lmk

I believe Steele gaskets will only accept their trim??
Check Precision Replacement Parts, their 67 gaskets I've heard are top quality.
Not sure with DMT.

If they’re anything like DMT’s other stuff they’ll be great!

But yeah, sorry, haven’t used them specifically for windshield gaskets.

Although since that’s on my list for a couple of my cars I’ll make a note of it. I’ve used a bunch of DMT seals, heater box rebuild kits, etc and all of it has been great. I helped out DMT a bit when they were developing their rallye gauge overlay kits, sent a few rallye gauge bezels back and forth as patterns. That’s what I used to restore the rallye gauge cluster in my Duster.

I agree. I have purchased a lot of gasket kits from DMT. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them. Good quality, good price and fast delivery

I had a sneaking suspicion DMT doesn't make the windshield gaskets. The part # on their website (last 6 digits) for 69 barracuda is a Precision gasket. Quality made piece.
If you want a hohum looking windshield gasket that does NOT accept OE trim then go with Steele.

I had a sneaking suspicion DMT doesn't make the windshield gaskets. The part # on their website (last 6 digits) for 69 barracuda is a Precision gasket. Quality made piece.
If you want a hohum looking windshield gasket that does NOT accept OE trim then go with Steele.

I bought steele gaskets for my 67 Barracuda that I'm modifying to accept the 68 chrome trim.

You're telling me that I wasted my money because I won't be able to use the stock trim with the steele gaskets?

So are you modifying the 67 gasket or modifying 68 and up trim???
I have seen(never worked with) Steele gasket and their "trim". I don't like the looks of it but it's an opinion and we all have them.
When time comes for a ws gasket I will be sure that it is a Precision piece. Also they are the ONLY mfg for factory style 67 lockstrip.
I bought steele gaskets for my 67 Barracuda that I'm modifying to accept the 68 chrome trim.

You're telling me that I wasted my money because I won't be able to use the stock trim with the steele gaskets?

Last edited:
-
Back