do 5.9 magnum converter weights go in same location as the ol la's did?

-

540demon

Reaction score
i ordered what must be the last P5249843 the country. its a weight and template kit to balance a 5.9 magnum to a 904 'flite 10 inch converter...problem is no instructions or "template" were included. evidently im not alone with this problem,but have yet to find a solution in my searches. i tried to attach an image of an ol la's 10 inch converter weight's locations...wonder if they go in the same place on this motor?
the difference i know is caused by lighter piston weight in these engines,and therefore these weights are lighter than the la's...is that the only difference?

B&M have discontinued theyre balanced flex plate for the 5.9 magnum/904 combo...there wasnt enough demand as most use 727's (that ones still available)....so i cant go that route.

my motor came outta circle track car that was balled up on its 3rd race...they were using a 3 speed,so the original flexplate/converter are long gone...so thats out.

anybody have the template left over from they're ol kit... and maybe willing to share?

anybody know if location is the same....and just a lighter weight?

please help if you can...i appreciate any input!!!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 339
Why can't you use a factory magnum flex, and redrill if necessary for the older converter? I was under the impression they were weighted?

dont have one...i do have the weights in hand though...just need to know where to stick em

-
Back