Do I have a 73 and up or 72?

-

stupidasso

CA ANRCHY
Reaction score
hey all,
I have a 72 dart, dropped the kframe and want to do the suspension rebuild. I was told that it has a 73 front end. How can I make sure. There is a sway bar. Do I measure the disk or what?

thank you in advance.

Stu

Its possible that someone changed your brakes to get the big bolt pattern up front. If you have the big bolt pattern wheels up front you need the 73 up parts.

It could be a mix-n-match. Idler/pitman arms rearward studs pointing UP it's 68-72, pointing down 73-76. Single piston discs, 73-76. Four piston discs, 67-72.

Thanks Guys,
I do have LBP on the fronts, so I know that the disks are 73 and up. I appreciate the other help with the other components. Gonna order my front end parts tonight. about to paint my engine bay and I have a 360 and a worked 904 that I want to get in there asap.

- Stu

73 - 76 had the swaybar thru the k member and the control arms have the swaybar mounting tabs on the top edge of the control arm. The earlier models swaybar went in front of the k member and the swaybar mounting tabs are on the bottom edge of the control arms.
If the bolt on the idler and pitman arm is on the bottom side of the center link it's 73 up. If the nut is on the top it's 68 - 72.

So Here's what I have:
LBP disks,
sway bar through the K frame
Idler nut on top
inner tie rod nut facing back.

Sounds like i have a hodge podge set up.

Does anyone have any idea what I should order for a front end rebuild kit? If I get the 1972 kit will it interfere with any of my converted 73 parts?
What would the previous owner have done for the upgrade? Spindle and disks?

Thanks,
Stu

-
Back