Do I Have The Right Cam?

-

superchargeddrt

Reaction score
Hi Guy's

A few years back I put a roller cam in my engine and I was wondering what you guys think about what Comp Cams recommended. First off I wanted to say that the cam I purchased from them was a hydraulic roller cam, but when I tried to install the lifters into my engine the push rods were on an extreme angle and were rubbing on the opening where the push rod went through the head. It seems that the lifters were taller and that was what caused the problem (so much for direct fit huh?). Anyway I wound up using the solid lifters and they fit fine, but I'm not sure if that is a problem being as the cam was designed for hydraulic lifters. I have included a scan of my cam spec card. P.S My engine and drive train specs are listed below

Thanks For Your Opinion.

Glenn

Attachments

• Dart Cam Spec Card Editied .jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 323
Bump.Can a mod put this ,in the proper forum please? Thanks,FABO staff.

if you put solid flat tappets on a roller cam, I would expect you would have some parts breaking shortly. The roller lifters are taller, sometimes the pushrod holes in the head need enlarging, no big deal.

you can not use flat tappets on a roller cam...the cam with destroy itself...

all you need to do was get some shorter pushrods for the roller cam....

Use solid roller lifters. Open up the Pushrod holes in the head and get correct length pushrods. It's the only way to do it. It's what I had to do to install/run my roller cam.

if you put solid flat tappets on a roller cam, I would expect you would have some parts breaking shortly. The roller lifters are taller, sometimes the pushrod holes in the head need enlarging, no big deal.

Sorry if I confused anybody, they ARE roller lifters BUT they are not hydraulic.

Yeah I found out that the hydraulic lifter were definitely taller. I switched to the solid rollers and I was able to use them with no mods to the block. I was looking to get a few opinions on the cam specs. I talked to Comp Cams and told them my drive train specs and purchased the cam that they recommended. Do you guys feel like they sold me the correct cam? Is it close to what others are are running in their supercharged engines?

The specs should be fine. I had a comp blower cam for a big mopar cam with about the same specs. As for using solid rollers on a hydraulic roller cam I don't know..

The specs should be fine. I had a comp blower cam for a big mopar cam with about the same specs. As for using solid rollers on a hydraulic roller cam I don't know..
Thanks for the response HOTMOPR! I was just curious what everyone thought and what they were running. Thanks Again

-
Back