Do i need a proportioning Valve?

-

JonmisnerJr.

Reaction score
I got a 69 Dart. Slowly rebuilding it. I am running all new brake lines new master cylinder. I put a 9in in the rear and converted all brakes to disk brakes. Do i really need a PV? Also i am hooking up a line lock from summit!!Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Yup, you need one, or the system will opperate out of proportion. Try driving without one. You will be first in line to get one.

Ok another question! I got a reman master cylinder. The front of the master is 9/16-20 thread and the back one is 1/2-20 thread. I can not find a 9/16-20 to a -4 AN fitting. Anyone know where to get one? Also which is the front brakes and which is the rear brakes? Thanks. Hope I dont sound dumb.

Someone a while back had a great picture of their line lock setup near/on the master cylinder. Any body remember this? Also what is a good adjustable proportioning valve for manual disc brakes? I am using the Mancini dual in-line unit. Anyone's pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :brave:

What application is the master cylinder for? Drum brakes require a residual pressure valve to hold a slight pressure and keep the wheel cylinder seal cups expanded, discs do not require this as the residual pressure would cause the brakes to drag slightly.

As you have now 4 wheel discs you will require an aftermarket master specifically for 4 wheel disc brakes, and it should come with instructions regarding which is the front, and which is the back.

Ok i thought maybe it was the other way around with the residual pressure valve. thanks for the input. Everyone on here is very helpful!

-
Back