do i need governer weights???????????

-

matty wardle

mopar dedicated
Reaction score
just finished rebuilding my 727,it has a fully manualised cheetah valve body with no low gear braking,i was just wondering though because my instruction installation sheet with my valve body says if transmission is out of car remove the governer weights,what happens with this valve body if i dont remove the oem governer weights,what will be the difference with or without them???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The only thing I could think of would be that it might delay shifting.

With the Cheetah manual valve body....the governor is not used...so it make no difference whether the weights are there or not....the valve body controls the shifting...

With the Cheetah manual valve body....the governor is not used...so it make no difference whether the weights are there or not....the valve body controls the shifting...

wrjjol.jpg

I don't remember why they recommend that. Mine is still in there, has no effect. I LOVE my reverse/ manual body.

I have had transmissions in and out ...over the years..and since the valve body does the work..I dont even touch the governor...If it works...leave it alone....yeah right...lol

The governer is what tells the transmission how fast the wheels are moving (well, at least the driveshaft). Manual valve body doesn't care, because the driver makes that assessment.

-
Back