Do Mopar, Ford and AMC 60s 70s BBP wheels interchange???

-
It depends on the wheels (and hubs, in some instances).
Magnum 500 type wheels, for instance; don't really have any center register to speak of, and do interchange.
Most stamped steel wheels, including Rallies and the like, and most factory cast aluminum wheels do have center register differences since they are hub-centric.
Then there are differences (especially on late A body disc brake rotors) in the hub- some have a tapered center hub that allow installation of Magnum 500s and certain aluminum and steel wheel center trims, and others just have a straight center hub that will not allow installation of those wheels/trims on the front of the car; even though they have an identical register size. So, there can be fitment issues even among Mopar wheels.
Tapered hub:

BR5314_1__ra_p.jpg

straight hub:
PRT1145_SID_071713__ra_p.jpg

I once bought a junk A body that had ford wheels. On the rears, they were so tight I ended up plasma cutting the centers out Of course they were also rusted

Reason I ask is I have always wanted to build a 64 Mer Comet and I drug one home but it is L6 car with the goofy 4 lug wheels and light supension. It will get a 289 and better suspension. I have a stash of 15 inch BBP rims 5 to 7 inch wide. Maybe one BBP 14. Anyway, I have a friend with a big vintage yard up 5 hours from here ( nothing in Tx is ever close by). Until I have the rear an spindles from him, I have no ay to tell about rims!!
I have a good 64 Bel more door I did a couple years ago, because I always wanted to build a more door in a body I like. Long story short I traded for that good car, got it for nothing really, did the body/paint and I can't pay anyone to take it! It has some good 15 inch rims/tires I can fit on my AMC Hornet and put the (14 in) Hornet rims on the Merc IF the 15s are too big which very possible they are unless I cut which I don't care to do!
Orget the 14 inch Mer rims when I go up there IF they are cheap enough!!!! I have rims out the butt.

There are some great guys on Ford and Merc sites BUT IF anyone needs a question answered about most anything, FABO is always the place to go for help!! Thanks all!

Magnum 500’s have a very large center and they are lug centric. So they will swap.

As stated the center hole is small on a ford wheel, you can put mopar wheels on a ford, but not ford wheels on a mopar.

AMC? I have no idea.

Last edited:
Magnum 500’s have a very large center and they are lug centric. So they will swap.

As stated the scented hole is small on a ford wheel, you can put mopar wheels on a ford, but not ford wheels on a mopar.

AMC? I have no idea.
Thats what I was thinking drawing on my 40-50 odd years of Mopardom!

-
Back