DO NOT BUY THIS PASSIVE CHARGER.

-
When I got my last phone (samsung galaxy) a couple years ago it came with a free passive charger, the round angled one mentioned above. I used it for a couple of months. Yes, it was convenient. When I noticed a hot smell and the phone got hot as hell I stopped using it. I have plugged in ever since. Really, I have no issue with plugging a phone in, the whole passive charge thing is, IMO, a gimmick targeting lazy people.

Or maybe you didn't read that people have worn charge ports and this keeps em from running out and paying more for upgrades before they can get an upgrade through their contracts.

Seriously, I'm sick and tired of having to buy a new cord every couple of weeks to keep my phone charged.

Ok, I give. Maybe it could be a useful thing. Never thought about bad charger connectors. Current technology seems to want the charger within about 1/2 inch of the device. Since a magnetic field falls off with the cube of the distance, seems like it won’t get much more distance.

I had an S5 and currently an S9, never had charging cord problems with the S5, and so far the same with the S9, and 2 of the cords I have were extra cords I bought to use in the car for the S5, the S9 plugs are different, I have adapters on those 2 S5 car cords to fit the S9 jack and still no problems with charging.

I had an S5 and currently an S9, never had charging cord problems with the S5, and so far the same with the S9, and 2 of the cords I have were extra cords I bought to use in the car for the S5, the S9 plugs are different, I have adapters on those 2 S5 car cords to fit the S9 jack and still no problems with charging.

That's nice.

Some of us pay as you go plans to save money for more important things and use cheaper phones.

Hmmm... My Alcatel cost $40 and it costs $40 a month for an unlimited plan.

My ex pays $350 for two new iPhones and a contract and asks where the money for her electric bill will come from.

You know, maybe spending $10 bucks for a new cord a month isn't that bad.

My phone is an S8. It uses the type C charge cable and its total garbage.
The old micro USB (S5) was great the new type C cord can suck it...

Made in China strikes again. I'm willing to bet that every UL and CE listing on that is fake.

-
Back