DO NOT USE "OFF GRID ENGINEERING" or "SRS COACHWORKS"

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Both Shops located in Covina/ Irwindale California

I picked up my duster after almost 4 months. I dropped the car off in July to have the paint touched up by SRS. I was having the satin all repainted and scratches fixed and the dents fixed. And then wet sand the whole car. He said he would have it done in a week, then it went to two weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks. And then he charged me to deliver it 5 miles to the suspension shop. Not to mention the guy still has my hood that he is taking 3 months to finish. It literally had a 1/8 in chip and needed to be satin painted. Gave me nothing but excuses. So he delivered the car to suspension shop, car sat there for 8 weeks. I was having him install a 10 point cage and a custom torque arm suspension. I get updates but nothing where I can see real detail of the welds. He tells me its 1000 to do the cage, that I supplied, so this is just to weld it and suppose to weld my seat tabs and install my seat belts. Then he wants 1900 to do the rear. Fast forward.

Two days before I pick up the car from the suspension shop he gives me the full price and then is like, oh ya 600 more for the coil overs... I was like, you said you were getting them, he said I didn't quote you the rear and the coil overs, just the rear..... I was like fine. SO I pick the car up, as Im leaving I stop to double check the car is on the trailer correctly. I notice that there are two deep scratches in my paint and that some of the other work the paint guy was suppose to do, that was not done. Theses scratches were not on the car when I originally took the car to the paint guy, which means they are new. I called the suspension shop guy over and showed him then called the body guy on speaker. They both said they didn't do it and the paint guy was like I am already taking it up the *** with the price I paid and the suspension guy said the same.

I get home to find out that the scratches I paid to have fixed are still on the car, that only some of the work was done. I also looked at the cage and the welds to the floor and plates are complete crap and are continuous, also the plates in the trunk are missing a weld bead on one whole side. I contacted the suspension guy and he went on to tell me he could not fit the welding gun in LOL! Then I said it's not safe and won't pass tech. He said it won't pass anyways because it's mild steel. I said it will and showed him the NHRA handbook, he said thats outdated, so I showed him the 2015 handbook. Then he stated that my car wouldn't need it anyways because it's not that fast of a car LMAO. He continued to evade my questions and giving any kind of remorse for the half *** job he did.

I already filed complaints with BAR and with what money I did pay for the cage with card I called the creditor to put a hold on it. Here are pictured

Attachments

• drip.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 512
  • driver trunk.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 516
  • interior floor driver.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 529
  • new scratches .jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 518
  • old scratch .jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 547
  • pass trunk.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 524
Why I do my own work example 10,163.

Sorry for your loss. Totally fixable though. Weld it, sand it, learn something.

Yes I will be welding and replacing the plates. Lesson learned. Just terrible that people would not at least be willing to say I fucked up let me fix it

there are reasons most Mopar guys are DIY types. feel free to add t o my list!
!. we don't liked getting screwed with no pleasure added.
2. we are cheap
3. we love the satisfaction of a job well done that we actually did.
4. it is illegal to take the law in our own hands. like the county sherrif said, " ya don't point guns at people ya don't intent to shoot. and ya can't shoot every sorry SOB that trys to screw ya." I tend to take his advice.

Looks like my welds. I can say for sure that I wouldn't trust a roll cage that I welded!

Good for you, I am soooo sick and tired of so called professionals doing work on our cars and charging top dollar because we are expecting and wanting that quality of work done and getting nothing in return but excuses and crap work. I also will be writing a post letting others know of my experiences with my current project which is in its final stages, for example high quality parts that dont fit, dont work correctly etc. and when brought to the vendors attention all i hear is the pathetic excuse of........well we have sold hundreds of those same parts and never heard anyone complain.......unreal. Like i said i will be making public on here all the nonsense that i endured with different parts and services because these people need to start being held accountable. Thank You

Looks like my welds. I can say for sure that I wouldn't trust a roll cage that I welded!

That's what I said, I said this isn't safe. I will be grinding the welds and plates out and re welding everything that looks like ****. I am a fabricator at my job. I could have done this, but I work full time. I will now do the job correct.

I would post this on every car and car forum on the net .
I seen way better work than this in someone's back yard who never done this kinda thing before .cages were designed to save lives not take them.

Sad stuff, but it happens everyday. I owened a classic/muscle car resto shop in Fl in the mid 80's and I went to great lengths to satisfy ever customer. Yes I subbed a lot of stuff out be sure, and yes sometimes I lost money, but I never lost a customer. I sold it to keep my then new ex from being my business partner. Didn't work at home, would NEVER work at work lol...

If you want a good shop for cages nitro garage is in Lake elsinore, they did a good job on my dad's 68 charger 10 pt or 12 pt cage can't remember and moved his fire wall back and installed the new one I bought him, think the guys name is Randy 951-245-4987 or 951-378-9117 website www.thenitrogarage.com

That's what I said, I said this isn't safe. I will be grinding the welds and plates out and re welding everything that looks like ****. I am a fabricator at my job. I could have done this, but I work full time. I will now do the job correct.

Are you planning this to pass tech at the track? I think there is something in the rules about welds that have been ground on. Hopefully you can do it and it won't show.

That is truly some sad welding, I'm no pro at it, but my welds look way better than that.

Are you planning this to pass tech at the track? I think there is something in the rules about welds that have been ground on. Hopefully you can do it and it won't show.

That is truly some sad welding, I'm no pro at it, but my welds look way better than that.

bad, I believe that is referring to grinding the welds after finish welding to make them smoother or invisible. I don't think it refers to grinding out a shitty weld and re-welding it.

I'm with everyone else, that is some **** work. take a couple clean pieces to practice on or see if a local guy can give an assist on welding it yourself. just make sure everything is good and clean before starting to weld.

bad, I believe that is referring to grinding the welds after finish welding to make them smoother or invisible. I don't think it refers to grinding out a shitty weld and re-welding it.

I think so as well, just throwing it out there.

Sad , hate to think there are others out there driving cars these assclowns put together , others may have just accepted the work without inspecting and they are now driving DEATH TRAPS .

Now you know why they are Off Grid .

Yeah luckily there is a guy who has been welding suspensions for round track cars at work, I have seen him weld and we will be redoing this ****

Wise choice, those welds are so cold that there is no way they will pass tech, let alone a certification x-ray.

I wouldn't trust a cage I didn't weld !! Especially since I'm a fabricator !!!!

I am not a fabricator I am a retired telephone man. From the looks of those welds this guy is like me he bought a welder and tries to weld. I am smart enough to know that just because you own a welder it doesn't make you a welder. There is way to many shops out there doing this type of crap work and sticking it to car owners. True craftsman are hard to find anymore as are honest shop owners. SAD#-o

I doubt that cage would cert. Beyond the chicken crapping molten metal welds, the materials used are insufficient to certify.

I don't know what you paid, if you ground for a deal, you got taken. That POS cage needs to be cut out and reinstalled by a competent shop. I don't know if Paul from Zero Tolerance Fabrication is still doing stuff. Guy built trophy trucks and did some incredible work on roll cages. Not cheap, but, you get a top notch product when it delivered back home.

-
Back