Do people ever ring your door bell

-
Yes, all the cute women in my neighborhood ring my doorbell hee hee :D

Why did I .... never mind :D

I get this in town when gassing up, or shopping for myself..
Like a few here I do not get traffic on this gravel dead end road, but if I do I am the keeper and Buddy (my 4 legged friend) keeps riff raff away.
So no, I don't get strangers driving up my drive way asking anything . and glad I don't. :D

Not going to happen here....car is in the garage....and where it is sitting can not be seen with the door open.....Not to mention we have locked gates and 3 dogs....and I pretty much ignore anyone that stops at the gate...

the dog is the first clue. and they are on a led go charging down the drive way do a flip at the end of the lead back up and do it again at this point the people stop and start yelling to see if some one is home. beecarfull of who you talk to yes there are alot of good people but there are bad out there to

Get a doorbell button like this one:

dirty-funny-photos-1.jpg

I personally hate strangers coming to my door unannounced. I usually answer if it's a young kid, but other then that...i'm not home.
I rarely answer the door. Hell, it can be a friend of mine and if they didn't call to let me know they were coming I might not answer the door lol.

I had two people the same week spin around and follow me....as I was in the convertible on the way home the first thing that went through my mind was I had ticked someone off while driving. The second was to pull over short of the house and get out of the car as they pulled up behind me. In both cases it turned out to be people I had met at local car get togethers that I didn't recognize till they got out.

This makes me thoughtful.

I like it when people just come in and take what they want.
If i'm not using it at this particular time, i won't ever need it or even miss it i guess is their philosophy.
It saves me the bother of storing it and using it or even selling it in the future.

What i'm trying to say is a lot of stuff gets stolen by word of mouth Rani.
He might be legit, but if he has a big mouth and tells other people about your stuff, then when you are not at home somebody might go on a shopping spree at your place.
I have had a lot of parts stolen from me in the past because my brother would blab about what we had on our property to the point of i had to pull all of the parts that were good off my cars and store them elsewhere, it got that bad.
I sold most of it off and i only have some scrappy parts cars now.

I get people coming up all the time wanting to know if this or that is for sale. I had one scrapper come up wanting to buy my junk cars. I laughed and said see that roll back and that red wrecker, what do you think I do with them?

I make it a rule to never show anyone anything or allow them around my cars since I have had some people think this is a midnight salvage with pocket lay-a-way.

Now I have made a lot of cold calls when buying cars but it is pretty obvious to most people that I am not a thug so normally they will talk to me.

Don't even have a doorbell. Dogs. People piss them off and they bark. Except when the dogs don't hear something.

Your story about the Dart reminds me of a similar one, with my Charger.

My friend who worked at Sams Club, years ago, was talking to a coworker, who had a Dodge Charger tattooed on his arm.

This guy, who I had never met in my life, described my house and my car. My friend politely told him that it wasn't for sale.

I live in a neighborhood of houses built in the late '50s to early '60s and most of the people here are still the original owners in their late 70s and up. So most of them look at me kinda funny when the car is out (a lot of them are neighborhood walkers). I can imagine what they must be thinking... "Darts were economy cars, why would anyone want one today!?!" Ha ha... so no, no one has ever knocked on my door about my car. Once I get the GTS here, that might at least wake them up!

I live in a neighborhood of houses built in the late '50s to early '60s and most of the people here are still the original owners in their late 70s and up. So most of them look at me kinda funny when the car is out (a lot of them are neighborhood walkers). I can imagine what they must be thinking... "Darts were economy cars, why would anyone want one today!?!" Ha ha... so no, no one has ever knocked on my door about my car. Once I get the GTS here, that might at least wake them up!

X2 brother!!

I guess what really surprised me the most about the whole thing is how he was acting like this is a mega rare car .......if he gave me a couple weeks I bet I can locate a few more for him to choose from .....this car is not even a real GTS or even a swinger 340 ....it is a slanty car ......and he even opened the hood and saw the slant in there and still acted like its a HEMI car LOL

I know this might sound strange, but maybe this guy is one of the handful of people left that doesn't use the internet. ;) He still does it the old fashioned way, checks the local papers, drives around, asks around...I know, it sounds crazy, but I gotta bet those types are still out there! :D

I don't think it has much to do about rarity, so much as it does passing conversation and chance.

Every car I've purchased, with the exception of my '72 240z that I found on craigslist, I found by word of mouth or passing by it, myself.

People certainly still do the searching, themselves.

I do think, though, that these cars aren't getting any easier to find.

One time - I spent a good 20 minutes convincing the guy he could get a better deal on a different early a-body than the one in my front yard that I had a bunch of parts ready to install onto... :)

I can't even get the UPS guy to deliver because of the dogs. They put up a good front but they lick you and that's about it. My shop is in the back yard behind a 6' wood fence. All mine are in or behind shop and not for sale.

-
Back