Do you plan to attend Carlisle 2022 (July 15-17, 2022)

Do you plan to attend Carlisle 2022 (July 15-17, 2022)

• Yes

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Unlikely or No

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Yes There are several campgrounds and hotels/motels near the Fairgrounds. And yes , you can camp on your Vendor spot as well. This pic is my spots in Carlisle. I'm the guy behind the table first right of the center tall guy.....
View attachment 1715805868
That guy on the left is one good looking fella. The other 4 just so so...

Pa, usually falls the weekend after the 4th of july..Swingn’
It looks like the title of this was changed to reflect the date... Pennsylvania is a pretty big state LOL... I would assume there's some kind of website?..

I use the motels. I’m not real keen on the”take a camper”.

I used to live in Virginia and went a few times before I moved to Washington State. Now I go about every other year. I fly out on Southwest. They allow me 2 checked "bags" free. I take two of those flip lid bins, stuff my clothes in one and fill the other one with second hand bubble wrap (which probably drives TSA nuts). I spend half my time at Carlisle in the swap meet (it is MASSIVE!!!). Then I wrap parts in my dirty clothes and bubble wrap and let Southwest jet it all home for me for free.

I love seeing and listening/talking to the 60s and 70s racers, Herb McCandless' workshop is always worth the price of admission. There are always a ton of A-body folks there and most are eager to talk about their builds. I always pick up some great ideas to use and some great deals on parts. After years of going to all-makes swap meets, the idea of only having to figure out if its a A, B or E body booth, or whether the vendor is into big or small blocks is soooo different than hunting for the 5 booths selling Mopar parts in a sea of ford and chebbi chit.

-
Back