Do you "trust in the FOOSE" !!???????

-
Nice custom car builder, but if someone let him butcher up my classic Mopar I would lose my mind!
take mine to graveyardcarz!

are you serious with this.. graveyard cars are butchers and a half.. good luck with those clowns..

as long as i was paying and involved in the design process (i'm not designing and would look at his suggestions but want final say) foose would get my car in a heartbeat. the guy is an artist and does amazing work.

I think that Foose has got a huge amount of talent. I doubt anyone would argue with that. But he is a customizer that tends to 'modernize' the vehicles he works on. I like a lot of the mods he makes - but not all.

I'd like to see him build a car that doesn't have the huge diameter wheels. I realize that he's got his own trademark wheels that he sells but I don't feel they look right on most musclecars.

View attachment 1714786001

View attachment 1714786002

View attachment 1714786003

I don't quite understand all of the hate for Graveyard Carz. I would've thought that folks on a Mopar site would be ecstatic that someone created a show based upon restoring Chrysler products. I see that a lot of comments revolve around people disliking Worman. I had a brief Facebook conversation with him a few years back and he admitted that much of the show's drama is put on. He was trying to emulate the friction that was present on American Chopper because he was told that there would never be enough interest in a Mopar restoration show without a lot of drama added in.

As far as I can see, the cars restored on Graveyard Carz are outstanding.

View attachment 1714786009

View attachment 1714786010

those two with factory wheels are too damn boring.. don't like the chally but don't really like the new chally.. the wheels on the charger are fine by me just not a fan of the paint... the cuda i love . would be better with a different stripe scheme though.

are you serious with this.. graveyard cars are butchers and a half.. good luck with those clowns..

as long as i was paying and involved in the design process (i'm not designing and would look at his suggestions but want final say) foose would get my car in a heartbeat. the guy is an artist and does amazing work.

yes I'm serious with this part at any rate. Where does graveyard Carz butcher cars by putting them back to OEM correct specifications? and when dosnt foose butcher a car?
again - i don't want my classic Mopar pimpled!

Actually yeah I do! My mom and him grew up back when my mom was in middle school. They always used to take my grandparents boat out to Lake Nacimiento and water skii. We have photos in our house of when Sam had his shop in Santa Barbara. I got to finally meet them after a small reunion! Super cool family.

Actually yeah I do! My mom and him grew up back when my mom was in middle school. They always used to take my grandparents boat out to Lake Nacimiento and water skii. We have photos in our house of when Sam had his shop in Santa Barbara. I got to finally meet them after a small reunion! Super cool family.

Oh boy , I'm sure he's a nice guy from a nice family, but that's not the point.

Oh boy , I'm sure he's a nice guy from a nice family, but that's not the point.

True. He's done a few janky builds, like this '95 civic.
index.php

remember I started off as nice car builder? I was just saying I don't think I would want my car to end up I guess with a two tone paint job and big wheels like the little kids around town ride around with. I got to go with my cynical self and think?-- I like the comment about the smoke and mirrors, maybe just a little too good to be true, and with the graveyard Carz guys you can't really think that there that slapstick and put out such nice products? and as far as them winning any awards, I don't think that's what they're into I think they're into just doing it right. Whether they get the award or not. Please remember this is tv we are taking about ! NOT your mom, so eeaaassssyyyyyyy?
ps.I don't want my ride pimped!
I'm with you my friend. Graveyard Carz has my car. I'll let you all know how it turns out in a year from now.

True. He's done a few janky builds, like this '95 civic.
index.php

But how much could you expect when you start with a Honda? It's still going to be a Honda when you're done.

I wasn't knocking Foose earlier when I said he was a customizer. I just tend to prefer more of a musclecar (or hotrodded) look rather than modernized bling. He has designed a lot of custom stuff besides cars. My son bought an (expensive) pair of shoes that he had styled.

View attachment IMG_3790_zps9c4d6a34.jpg

But how much could you expect when you start with a Honda? It's still going to be a Honda when you're done.

I wasn't knocking Foose earlier when I said he was a customizer. I just tend to prefer more of a musclecar (or hotrodded) look rather than modernized bling. He has designed a lot of custom stuff besides cars. My son bought an (expensive) pair of shoes that he had styled.

View attachment 1714786154

Chip's first car: 69 Firebird 400, late 80's Camaro Craft. Champagne paint, 15 inch Boyds. (Sweet car!) Between the 2, Foose hand's down. (I love his dad's custom work ,as much)

Worman acts like that for tv I'm sure. He's not a customizer. I'm a customizer, but I'm old school. That's why I have an old school car. Now, would I want Worman to return my 73 duster to a slant 6 a/c NO! I already customized it - duel quad tunnel ram, pistol grip 4-speed (as little Chrome as possible).my drag rims are 15's but I totally hate my street rims that are 18's:wack: I just got them cheap. 05 magnum wheels.
Now, would I want Foose to overhaul my girlfriends 66 barracuda 273 ? HELL NO!!!!!
This isn't dime a dozen Chevys in Fords were talking about here!
I swear I'm not trying to discredit Foose here but just to stir the pot a little bit dog clothes? Lol View attachment 2B98BF8CFCB844DE9232483F0D0F4C75_1.jpg

yes I'm serious with this part at any rate. Where does graveyard Carz butcher cars by putting them back to OEM correct specifications? and when dosnt foose butcher a car?
again - i don't want my classic Mopar pimpled!

factory original paint dabs and all is too damn boring. 14" and 15" wheels look too small on these cars these days. and the bubble tires guys are using are even worse.

there was a picture of one or GYC cars floating around and it was a real mess.. gaps all over it horrible and things like that.. but hey if you are in to cookie cutter and boring and poor workmanship then take it to GYC... i'll take mine to the foose and have a bad *** more one of a kind car that is put together the right way.

factory original paint dabs and all is too damn boring. 14" and 15" wheels look too small on these cars these days. and the bubble tires guys are using are even worse.

there was a picture of one or GYC cars floating around and it was a real mess.. gaps all over it horrible and things like that.. but hey if you are in to cookie cutter and boring and poor workmanship then take it to GYC... i'll take mine to the foose and have a bad *** more one of a kind car that is put together the right way.

both have good skills, one acts like a dumbass when he don`t have to. like the mopars best w/o getto wheels, they make most everyone I know laugh at the people that run them, they`ll always look like sh-- on anything there on, especially if they don`t have bodies designed around big "round" fenderwells. jmo

ive never seen them butcher a car before,you may not like thier personalities,but i like what they do.stock restorations

Chip is very talented but i wouldn't let him touch my car he triple tones just about everything..and puts those "bling bling" wheels on too..they just don't look right on classic muscle cars...

like I told the grandchild ( 6 ). T V is NOT REAL! reality show produces are idiots???

I remember the first Foose car I saw, it was what? 15-20 years ago. looks like great craftsmanship, but he took "his" look and capitalized on it? i'm just glad there are people left in this world that can spend that kind of money on a Mopar!???

like I told the grandchild ( 6 ). T V is NOT REAL! reality show produces are idiots???

I remember the first Foose car I saw, it was what? 15-20 years ago. looks like great craftsmanship, but he took "his" look and capitalized on it? i'm just glad there are people left in this world that can spend that kind of money on a Mopar!???

If people took the amount of money he spends on these cars just for paint, and built a car, it would actually turn out better than what he originally did.

i don't think you can really compare foose to what mark worman does. foose is a very talented person. very few people could sit down and draw a car on a blank piece of paper the way foose can. he is really an artist. he comes out of the "california custom" school of cars that goes all the way back to george barris. the california car culture is very different from "southern nascar" or even mid-west street racers. foose is putting out cars that are popular in california. i don't care for foose's style but 20" wheels on a 71 cuda is nothing outragious (or blasphmous) to the nuts out on "the left coast." but i suspect that the foose operation as a business would probably build whatever car you wanted. i think what foose does on "overhauling" is just for the tv show.

as to mark worman ... well i have watched the show since the beginning. it was downright painfull to watch for the first two seasons - it's much better now. i don't know if worman actually believes all the bs he spews on the show or not. i suspect a lot of it is "just for tv." if you watch mecum or barrett-jackson you know that there are a lot of very professional restoration shops out there. in fact, in the 7-8 years i've been watching these auctions, i've never seen a car for sale that was restored by mark worman. maybe he just does cars for people who want to keep and drive the cars.

anyway, for the right amount of money i imagine chip foose will build whatever car you want - so will worman. but i'm sure you can't walk into foose's office for less than $50k and worman is now probably in the $30k range for anything. these guys are very different. actually, i probably would not take my car to either guy - just based upon the cost.

Foose, Down to earth cool guy. Story telln' time, Went to a car show in Georgia.Drivin' a 67 Dart.Stone stock slant 6,clapped out original paint,only thing that made it look a little good was chrome reverse wheels with Dodge dog dish caps.This guy walks up and looks around the Dart."Cool Car,You know,my first car was a 67 Dart,I even had it all the while I was going to art school.My dad bought it wrecked and we fixed it up.Brings back memories".Hung around for about 20 minutes or so jawin' about Darts.Then he said,"Have fun with it, good talkin' with you".Chip Foose,He never said anything about who he was.We knew..... Just a regular car guy.

Nice custom car builder, but if someone let him butcher up my classic Mopar I would lose my mind!
take mine to graveyardcarz!

Agree 1000%.

Foose has incredible talent, goes without saying.
But his cars arent for me.
I would rather watch Squat,Turd,and Flush build a Mopar the correct way.

Why would you pay to have your car built? I do it for the love of the hobby and the love i have for older cars. Nothing will ever replace the 70's, thats when the cars looked their best. For me old school is where its at, call me dull boring etc, but i like a not cut up butchered hot rod car that a guy build in his own garage after an 8 hour day at work and wrenched on weekends.

99% of the new wheels out there look like total ***, and i wouldnt waste the material that they are made of let alone put them on a classic muscle car.

Just my .02

-
Back