Doctor Diff Axles?

-
I just put a set in over the weekend.
Have not run them yet, the rear is still on the workbench.
Did run into a small problem, the splines are really tight, tried them in two different center sections.
Ended up hitting the end of the ends of the splines with a sandblaster, and then tapping them in with a rubber mallot, still went in pretty hard.

i have 3 pairs in use...

73 duster street car...been in there 6 yrs

71 Dart drag racer.....3 yrs in use.

71 Demon drag racer...1 week in use.

Doctor Diff does not make axles he sells certain brand name axles...

and his service is GREAT....

I just bought a new pair from him at MATS in Vegas. I could not turn down the deal, they had new bearings installed and new studs. He only had 25 sets. So I was there first thing on Friday and bought a set.

i was out there with ya at mats...

i was running slicks and his longer axles with no problems

Do you know what brand he uses or is it a secret?

yukon and dutchman...

call him...it does not cost anything to talk to him...

tell him what you are doing or what you want...and get some advise...his service is great.

Cass at Dr.Diff had custom HD 8.25 axles made for me, the splines were tight, but tapped right in with a mallet every thing else was a perfect fit, mine too still on the bench.

I saw your car, you ran pretty good. What do you mean by longer axles?

its ran ok but i have alot of bugs im working out...

as far as longer axles in running a Sure grip and stock axles only engage i think a 1/4"?? so these longer spline axles get more engagement... =stronger

the splines on my axles from dr. diff are 2 times longer than stockand reach through out my suregrip, unlike the small patch on the stock one.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

-
Back