dodge d-50

-

7dartdemon2

Reaction score
I know its not a A-body but I was wondering how many of you would like to see pics of my D-50. This is not a ordinary D-50. I put a 71 340 in it that is .40 over steel crank, X heads ported and polished,mopar purple cam 557/557 mechanical cam, crane 1.5 roller rockers, wieand aluminum intake holley 750 double pumper, eagle I-beam rods, cloys double roller timeing chain, meling HV oil pump.entire motor has been balanced. I have no Idea how much horsepower it is cranking. All I know is it scares the sh*t out of me, and I love it.It has a 904 tranny and a ferd 8.8 with 3.55 gears. that is coming out very soon I have a 8 3/4 with 3.91s I am putting in it. Well here are some pics please tell me what you think.

truck6.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck11.jpg

HPIM0956.jpg

truck8.jpg

HA! Preettty cool. Not an A body? So what. I like it. Neat stuff. What did you do for rear springs?

They are the original truck springs with a few more added to beef them up a little. Believe it or not the springs are heavier duty than a-body springs.

Rock and roll !!! That truck is sweet.:thumblef:
You mast be proud!! I like it.
Have you raced it and got a 1/4 or 1/8 mile pass yet.
Congratulations on a very cool build.
I would have to drive if I took a ride in it.:shock:

I did get a 1/8 mile pass on it. But that was with the old 340 that was in it, not nearly as powerful as this one. I will have to wait until next spring to try here out. I only have 150 miles on new motor.

It is absolutly insane to drive. I have left posi marks as far as the eye can see. If I want to launch it I have to do a really good burn out with it, and it still dont get the best traction. I have a set of slicks to put on it then I will see how the traction is.

forgot to tell you on the old motor, when I took it to the track, it was my first time ever on a drag strip. I did 9.1252 in the 1/8 with a reaction time of 1.0398 and I went 78.4 mph. remember this was on the old motor with the 3.55s. next spring I will try again with a brand new and definatly much much more powerful motor and a set of 3.91s. reaction time was bad AMATURE.

I have already smoked some guys in a mustang with it. I pulled out in the passing lane looked over at the guy driving waved a goodbye wave at him (he laughed) I punched it. SEEEE YA. Well he caght up to me up the road a ways at the convienient store. He was not laughing anymore. I think I may have made a ford man into a mopar man at this point.

I've taken many rides in this truck and its crazy fast and very hard to keep straight!!!

Man, that is a cool truck! I had 2 different D-50's back in the day with little mitsu turbo diesel engines in them. I drove one 350,000 miles with 1 overhaul. I always wondered if a small block would fit. Looks factory! Keep us posted on your q/m times

-
Back