Dodge D/W truck help!

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
hey guys, maybe someone on here will know a little about this, but I have a 1969 d100 /6 3 speed short bed,
I found a 1963 w100 power wagon short bed pretty close to me and pretty cheap.

My question is can I rob this w100 of it’s front/rear axles, transfer case, and transmission to swap into the d100 frame? I’m not scared of a little welding/fab work but I’m pretty sure the frames and mounting locations on these trucks are pretty similar

Mounting points are the same.
It is actually a fairly easy swap.

That’s what I thought but just wanted some reassurance, I do think I will have to swap crossmembers but that’s no big deal

The leaf spring D and W Dodge trucks lend themselves to an easy 2 to 4 WD conversion. I did a 1970 many years ago. The 63 will be a closed knuckle type front axle, but are still good Dana 44's.

Yea I think the only actual issue I can think of is I think the 63 clutch uses a hydraulic slave cylinder setup... and my 69 uses mechanical linkage

By the way ...a 63 short bed is kinda rare. If you need some parts let me know

Drive line in the 63 is pretty solid which is why I want it... but the body, bed, and floors are pretty rough

But I’ll keep you in mind on parts. I have a buddy looking for a set of doors with the refrigerator style handles for his 65 d100

-
Back