Dodge Dart gas cap.

-

Bills65Dart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi,

In struggle over finding a gas cap for my car I ran across one online that fits a 1.375 inch fuel neck. I mean, this measurement was written in the description of the gas cap. I had to go out and measure my fuel neck. It is 1.338 inch. So, that cap will not fit. The cap I have is 1.338 too, so it is possible to push it in, and then it is stuck there. But, no rubber seal or anything, the cap does sit because it is tight to push in. And equally tight to get out.

The 1.338 inch is measured inside the neck. In other words, it is how large the round part of the gas cap can be as a maximum, but preferably a bit smaller. Maybe 1.3 would be a better fit.

Does anyone have any measurements for the fuel necks and caps ?

I have looked at caps for GM and Ford, and Ford has a cap that is 1 7/8 inch so that is way over what the Dart needs.

I know some make them, but I was looking for a lockable cap, and that is a bit more struggle.

Stant list a cap for 1967 and up to 1971, Stant 10572, but I don't know how big the neck is for the 1967 Dart.

Bill

In the 'For Sale, Exterior Parts' forum, there's a fella selling NOS fuel caps for 70'-71' models. PM him and see if he'll measure one for you. I'm not sure if they would work for your application though.

You would think that they would all be the same size. Production would be easier if they were.

There is a thread around showing all the different caps and measurements and which fit what. Do a search for it prob a year or two ago.

abody-gas-caps-67-70-70-cal-and-71-72-74-75-76-copy-jpg.jpg

What car are you trying to fit? (Year / model)

Oh, it is for a 1965 Dodge Dart, 4 door sedan. Not that I think it matter, but Stant separates them after engines, and mine is a 225, as one member called it, leaning tower of power.

I wonder if the non fitting cap without any rubber seal can cause me to loose gas fast, I mean in the hot weather.

Bill

I still have a bunch of those caps. Recently I offered one for just shipping cost, But thanks to some Bone heads on this site wanting to make a low dollar deal just to leave me a negative feed back after they saw the offers for some shipping only posts. I won't answer lower price want ads for a while. Most of these guys are protected members. Their jealousy because I ruined their large dollar deals ruins it for all. I don't trust anyone on this site unless they are a known friend and they come here with cash. Just used one on my build.

Finally paint

View attachment 1715388259

View attachment 1715388261

View attachment 1715388262

View attachment 1715388263

View attachment 1715388264

View attachment 1715388266

View attachment 1715388267

View attachment 1715388268

View attachment 1715388269

View attachment 1715388270

Hello,

Would you have time to measure the round part that goes into the filler neck ? If some is around 1.250 to 1.300 inches, because then it will fit. If it is 1.375 they are too big, and that is part of why I wanted to find one that is lockable since the part that goes into the filler neck is cast of whatever material and since my non fitting cap is so close I had an idea I could file off the housing for the locking tabs and make it fit. A bit worse filing off the regular caps, not much material to file off.

Bill

Those caps made by Damraider are the bomb! I'm running two of them and they are awesome!

-
Back