Dodge or Plymouth - what 'cha got?

Dodge, Plymouth, or both?

• Total voters
-
Plymouth for the man on the hill :thumbsup:

01b.jpg

It was actually the exact opposite. The Duster was selling so well that Dodge wanted their own version. In exchange, dodge gave plymouth the Scamp
Interesting. Thanks.
I'll admit my A body history could use some brushing up. Guess I could pick up a book. Haha
So did Dodge not want to give up front end body parts, or was the Duster front Plymouth's way of making it their own?

Interesting. Thanks.
I'll admit my A body history could use some brushing up. Guess I could pick up a book. Haha
So did Dodge not want to give up front end body parts, or was the Duster front Plymouth's way of making it their own?
I think but not positive that they were Valiant spin offs is why they have that front end.

I think but not positive that they were Valiant spin offs is why they have that front end.
The Duster is a Valiant variant. In fact, they were originally called the Valiant Duster just like the Dodge was called a Dart Sport.

IMG_0455.JPG

Last edited:
Over the last decades I have had them all> BUT I used to get into "discussion" with older friend that raced hemis and maxies back n the sixties. HIS opinion was Dodge was the performance car company!!!
I figure Dodge made a slightly higher trimmed car than Plymouth in general. I guess I still refer a plainer car, maybe why I always loved white or even beige color!!!>>?????

In general, the corporate perspective was that Chrysler was the Luxury division, Dodge was the Performance division and Plymouth was the Economy division.

Because Plymouth was the Economy division, it sold more vehicles than the other two. However, there was a lot of overlap between them so that cars of the same platform often had similar performance across the divisions with the biggest differences being standard/available options.

-
Back