Dodge Ram death wobble recall finally

-
On our farm, between us, we have

2- 99 2500 Cummins, 4wd Dodges,
1 -89 350 cummins
1- 2005 3500 4wd cummins
1- 2014 3500 4wd Cummins
1- 98.5 2500 4wd cummins

Yet we have never experienced this death wobble. Not saying it doesnt happen as clearly theres tons of proof it does and Dodge for sure needs to fix this and make it right to all hurt by this wobble. I'm just wondering what the actual point of failure is and what causes it? All of our trucks are mostly stock suspension wise, except for 2, which are lifted and on 35s. We beat the living piss out of our trucks and tow REALLY heavy, upward of 10-15 tons, as high as 22 tons, yet never this issue. Granted, at the first sign of trouble, we service the trucks. But the closest we've ever come to this is bad ball joints at 250,000 on one of the trucks. I just dont get why it affects some trucks but not others

From what I have found out, it appears the issue is the compound in the rubber bushings are too pliant. Just a little give in all the bushings add up to Death Wobble. but not in all Trucks. MIGHT be because of the tire size, might not. I put urethane bushings in my nephews Jeep, no more death wobble. Mopar did redesign its front suspension on 2015 and newer trucks, more mainstream setup like the Furd uses. Solid trailing arm instead of the multilink setup.

-
Back