dodge vs. plymouth???

-
When it comes to collector valve you'll find Plymouths seem to always bring more money..hence a '71 hemi cuda just about always sells for a lot more the a hemi challenger..a roadrunner typically sells for more then a superbee,a duster brings more then a demon ect ect...

If Plymouth was focusing on the family cars and dodge was focusing on performance cars, why is there no V code Polara? They made a V code fury. I don't think Dodge nor Plymouth were marketed for different crowds. They both had low line cars, IE. Belvedere and coronet deluxe. They also had the high end, IE GTX and Coronet R/T. I doubt the wheel bases where different as they where both the same structure. Just different outer sheet metal. The doors are even the same from one to the other. A and B bodies.

just one comment what is the most sought after car on the planet....'CUDA e-body.......

On 70`s cars I see some trend: Plymouths=shorter wheelbase and less content when compared to Dodges, for example Cuda vs Challenger, Duster vs Swinger, which it translates to lighter cars, providing an advantage performance wise.
In the case of the Duster, Dodge was behind on sales, which resulted on its counter attack, not as successful though, with the Demon and later Dart sport (sad story the one of that evil character)
I am a Plymouth man, one of my favorites, that plain jane car which was a great success, the roadrunner, of course besides the cartoon character factor, its entry versions were very low optioned: bench seat, rubber floor, manual trans, but with great guts coming out from a BB engine.

Plymouths faster? tell that to a '68 Hemi Dart :cheers:,
68 hemi cudas seem to tell the Darts that pretty regularly. If you look at what has held the SS/A record back over the last 20 years, the Cudas outnumber the Darts three to one. 3" shorter wheelbase is pretty substaintial when the diference is measured in hundreths.

-
Back