Does any body know demon joe

-

sixty9xtc

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows or has bought anything from demon joe. I bought some wheels about a month an a half ago and never received them. I have sent him numerous PM's and he replied a couple of weeks ago saying he was out of town and he was going to mail them out. Well in short I still haven't received them and he hasn't replied to any of my latest PM's. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but I am about to file a complaint with Paypal and my credit card to get my money back. Any advice from anyone that might have dealt with or knows him.

Thanks,

Dave

file your paypal complaint-- if you wait too long you have no recourse, Lawrence

Don't screw around with this. Find out the guys name, phone and address. He only had what, 20? posts? Not a very good start, says I. Ditto on paypal, or if you dealt through the post office consider mail fraud. Don't delay.

Hate to point this out, cause I got a little heat for it last time. But...notice the low post count? Notice all his posts are mostly selling, with a few buying( to flip?) and not the usual newbie commenting on a car like his, or other chit chat. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe some people are using Fabo as the mopar brand of craigslist. fly by night.

Hate to point this out, cause I got a little heat for it last time. But...notice the low post count? Notice all his posts are mostly selling, with a few buying( to flip?) and not the usual newbie commenting on a car like his, or other chit chat. Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe some people are using Fabo as the mopar brand of craigslist. fly by night.

Yup,
Looks like wheeler/dealer only!

***** The idea of a post minimum before you can sell has pros and cons.

*****Hopefully this will have a better outcome then the Plymouth30 caper.

If people join just to sell stuff, they are undoubtedly a different type Fabo member than the rest who join for their love of the A body. And most likely not in our fraternity. I would not even think about buying on here anymore without checking out the sellers profile and coming to my own conclusion. Call me paranoid, just too much of it lately. We need to stick together and deal with these jokers. If you can't ship it, DON'T advertise it! If you're too busy to follow up, Don't ship it. If its gonna take a month to respond to the person who sent you their hard earned money, JOIN ANOTHER SITE!

if people join just to sell stuff, they are undoubtedly a different type fabo member than the rest who join for their love of the a body. And most likely not in our fraternity. I would not even think about buying on here anymore without checking out the sellers profile and coming to my own conclusion. Call me paranoid, just too much of it lately. We need to stick together and deal with these jokers. If you can't ship it, don't advertise it! If you're too busy to follow up, don't ship it. If its gonna take a month to respond to the person who sent you their hard earned money, join another site!

x2

Yeap I got ripped $190.00 from 440magnum - posting was "1967 Barracuda headlight bezel. Driver side". Time to inquire 1st. Maybe the site could maintain a list of so called members who are scammers. A spreadsheet of some sort. Establish a network of folks who live in the proximity of these people. Addresses are provided for mailing the money, so we have a start. Mail fraud is a federal offense and I have no problem calling the local FBI office. Not a problem for them to verify if a money order/cashiers check/personal check has been deposited.
Been fairly lucky lately and most everybody has been honest.
Unfortunately, 440magnum is in Canada. No more dealings with foreigners either.

I take it 440magnum is not answering any communication attempts? Curious but maybe unrelated - did you notice the poster right after you in the thread who would "take it" if you didnt - that was his 1 and only post?

maybe Joey should institute a paypal only policy with 28 day shipping limit.

buyers who dont receive the item within the 28 days file a paypal claim

I filed the PayPal claim yesterday so we will see what happens. I have had to do a PayPal claim before and they are pretty good about refunding your money.

maybe Joey should institute a paypal only policy with 28 day shipping limit. buyers who dont receive the item within the 28 days file a paypal claim
unfortunately, Joey and other mods have a lot on their plate and typically don't have the time needed for such a project

I only send/accept cash or post office money orders.
I don't use paypal or any other form of payment.
If your too lazy to go to the post office and get a check
after I have to pack, weigh and send from the same,
I can't deal with ya.
I just recently lost a sale because of this policy but in reality I only
lost a little time and avoided a possible problem.
This well run site has 30,000 + members and the next
guy will come along and I'll be happy to sell/buy with them.
You have to use common sense when dealing with people
you don't know or will never see again.

I buy and sell on here occasionally and all have been successful transactions with very nice people who go above and beyond my expectations.:cheers:
I always leave feedback after also, so the next guy has a clue.

I don't know member Joe, but I hope you can resolve this without
too much more problem.

Sorry to hear about your troubles! You also need to call your bank where your card was issued and file a fraud claim. I just had to do it with the guy in New York/Jersey I bought my rear end setup from. Bougt what was supposed to be a "complete" 8.75 minus only the third member and I received a powder coated housing,axles and the rear disc brake kit, NOT one brake line, breather, no gaskets or housing bolts! And it took him over a month to receive my stuff after he said it was all in stock ready to ship the day I ordered it! So I filed the fraud case and wouldn't you know it my stuff showed up and now he even sent the missing parts! So don't deal with this liar, says hes too busy to be fast and his work isn't as described either! He simply orders from suppliers and never even sees what they send you! Anyways hope yours works out!

http://www.elitevintageauto.com/parts--services.html

Yes, replied like there was no tomorrow prior to mailing the PO Money Order and nothing after one response - from a follow up inquiry. "Check the mail" he said. Yeah right! Check the mail, make the deposit and slither away.

Sorry to hear about your troubles! You also need to call your bank where your card was issued and file a fraud claim. I just had to do it with the guy in New York/Jersey I bought my rear end setup from. Bougt what was supposed to be a "complete" 8.75 minus only the third member and I received a powder coated housing,axles and the rear disc brake kit, NOT one brake line, breather, no gaskets or housing bolts! And it took him over a month to receive my stuff after he said it was all in stock ready to ship the day I ordered it! So I filed the fraud case and wouldn't you know it my stuff showed up and now he even sent the missing parts! So don't deal with this liar, says hes too busy to be fast and his work isn't as described either! He simply orders from suppliers and never even sees what they send you! Anyways hope yours works out!

http://www.elitevintageauto.com/parts--services.html

DAMN IT !!!,

Is there not a single reputable business left, I have talked to the above on multiple occasions about a transmission I was after and was getting ready to purchase.

Yes I know there are still a few good ones, Dr.Diff comes to mind.

-
Back