Does anyone know how to fix this alternator ?

-

pearljam724

Reaction score
The insulator fell apart on this alternator that keeps the stud from grounding. It’s in tact and black in the picture. I realize you can remove the alternator 2 body halves and open it up. Anyone ever replace the insulator ? Where can I find one or what can I use to replace the old insulator ?

2781D742-3887-45A8-BFAC-85B163C3D264.jpeg

If youre not sure how, avoid burning up wiring and bring it to a Mom and Pop rebuilder. Ask him to rebuild your original unit. Shouldnt cost too much.
Search for Starter, or motor repair near you.

If youre not sure how, avoid burning up wiring and bring it to a Mom and Pop rebuilder. Ask him to rebuild your original unit. Shouldnt cost too much.
Search for Starter, or motor repair near you.
It doesn’t need rebuilt. I’m capable of replacing the insulator myself. I just don’t know where the insulators can be found.

Unless there is some reason to keep that alt I would just get a reman alt.

That’s not, where Pearl Jam is from. You pulled that one out of your ***. Ha ha !

its funny, when i read that, i was gonna reply "then why do they call it the seattle sound"?

and then i thought...wait a minute

so, i guess you're right, i got some wire crossed
BUT i said it was a shot in the dark...and i was only off by 350 miles, thats one tank of gas
not bad in a country our size

its funny, when i read that, i was gonna reply "then why do they call it the seattle sound"?

and then i thought...wait a minute

so, i guess you're right, i got some wire crossed
BUT i said it was a shot in the dark...and i was only off by 350 miles, thats one tank of gas
not bad in a country our size
I have to agree. Being I have zero info on my profile pertaining to where I’m from. I’d have to give you an A minus for guessing that close to my location. But, then I’d have to drop that A minus score down to a D minus for saying Pearl Jam was from Philly. Big time, *** pull on that one. Ha ha !!
All you had to do is factor in 724 and it would have told you my county. Struck out on that one too. Ha ha

All you had to do is factor in 724 and it would have told you my county. Struck out on that one too. Ha ha

man, i looked at the 724 and figured "he musta tried 247 first and it was taken"
then i figured, well, 724 isnt very creative, but if he listens to pearl jam 24 7 hes probably smoking pot 24 7 (since that what i used to do back in the day) and thats the best he could come up with

so, if i take that A minus and the D minus, and average them, that is a solid C plus
thats a passing grade all day long

man, i looked at the 724 and figured "he musta tried 247 first and it was taken"
then i figured, well, 724 isnt very creative, but if he listens to pearl jam 24 7 hes probably smoking pot 24 7 (since that what i used to do back in the day) and thats the best he could come up with

so, if i take that A minus and the D minus, and average them, that is a solid C plus

Man, are you sure that you’re not my neighbor ? He has it all figured out too. Knows absolutely everything, pertaining to absolutely everything. All based on theories, assumptions and as much **** as he can possibly pull out of his *** pertaining to everything. He’s a genius, knows absolutely everything. Ah ha !!!

Last edited:
Man, are you sure that you’re not my neighbor ? He has it all figured out too. Knows absolutely everything, pertaining to absolutely everything. All based on theories, assumptions and as much **** as he can possibly pull out of his *** pertaining to everything. He’s a genius, knows absolutely everything. Ah ha !!!

nah, im over 400 miles North West of Pittsburgh

did i ever tell you the story about the time i lost brakes around there?
we had a VW passat at the time, and the wife had to go to philly for something
it was just me and her at the time, so we decided to make a road trip out of it

i wanted to make sure the car was OK before we left so i put fresh oil in it, and new brake pads all the way around

all went well but on our way back home, just outside of Pittsburgh, i lost all brake pressure, i mean, pedal went through the floor
i tried the hand brake, and nothing

pumped it a few times and nothing
so i pull over and get under there, expecting to see brake fluid gushing, but all was clean and not a sign of trouble

want much i could do, so i started driving again, real careful and after about a mile or so, the pressure came back and all was it should

drove the entire 400 miles home without a hiccup

of course, as soon as i got it home i put her up on blocks took a closer look
it turned out the driver side rear caliper bolts had worked their way out and were gone
the caliper had lost its pads and somehow managed to get hung up on the bracket, with the piston actually pushing up on the bracket, which musta been what caused the pressure to return

its one of those, if i hadnt seen it i wouldnt have believed it moments

-
Back