Does ANYONE KNOW?

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
I've posted a question in the steering forum, and no one seems to be able to answer the question.............I'll try it here..........It's not really a technical question, but one of "fit", perhaps from experience........

I have a 67 Cuda with a column auto.......I want to replace the collars with standard or "floorshift" collars to get rid of the shift indicators.......

My question is, will a 65 Cuda collar fit on a 67 column, or are they different??

ANYONE know the answer ???

Wish I could help you on that. I have no idea. Hoepfully someone will chime in that has tried that in the past.

Try the '65 collar and see. Don't know for sure if it will work or not, but i do know that the '67 up columns were larger in diameter than the '66 back to accomodate the collapsible column stuff. Measure the outside diameter of your '67 column where the collar would ride and the inside diameter of the '65 collar. That and the number of attaching screws on each collar will tell you if it will work or not. Hope it does.

That's the point though.........I can't check them out, because I don't HAVE one to check........

There are an abundance of 65's and thereabouts to be had, but I can't for the life of me find a set for a 67 unless it's out of my price capability........

If the 65 bells were the same, they seem to be easier to locate and prices aren't bad. I'd need the answer before I bought the collars! :read2:

I really doubt they will work, as stated the 67 column was redesigned for safety.

I seen in an older magizine a few years back where they cut the stuff off the column shift to make it look like factory floor shift. Diegrinder and some bondo, make your own.

I think it was in Mopar Muscle, you might be able to do a search and find the article. I would guess I still have the magazine, but would never be able to find it. (Why in the hell have I kept all those magazines all these years?)

Common sense would suggest they aren't interchangable. Otherwise the early A collars would be fewer and more expensive.

I ground off the big lumps and filled the holes in with the gorilla hair putty, forgot the propper name for it unless its Dyna Glass or Dyna something, it came out perfect, nobody would ever know it.

might want to contat al debevec 715-267-7141 he can get rid of the indicator and the shifter nub......

-
Back