Does anyone remember these?

-
When I started in the oil business we were still selling the paper cans. At Pennzoil we'd just transitioned to the 12 pack. Market research showed women bought a lot of oil, but wouldn't buy 24 quarts because the case was too heavy (50 pounds). In those days Arnie Palmer was in a lot of the advertising.
View attachment 1715973324

And now they're down to six quarts in a "case". My NAPA guy says that due to the cost of oil, consumers are reluctant to buy more than they need for one oil change, so...., six quarts.

And now they're down to six quarts in a "case". My NAPA guy says that due to the cost of oil, consumers are reluctant to buy more than they need for one oil change, so...., six quarts.
That's how many synthetics have been packaged for 30 or more years, for the very reason you state. People will pick up a case of six for $30, but will walk right past twelve for $60.

Have two of those spouts laying on top of a rotella can and one on havoline can have had many of my boys young friends ask me what the hell are those things. I just laugh. Or when you’d buy a 10 lb tin can of grease and pack your own grease gun, had to have a bit of a knack to be able to pack it with no air bubbles LOL.

-
Back