Does my 451 have to small of a cam?

-
I did some reserch on that pete jackson gear drive and it does have Retd/Adv.marks.Iwas also told gear drive takes away 8-10hp! So I'm replacing it with a good double roller. And ya,that spacer is gone! Now,to formulate the right thumpstick.

I had very good luck with the XE284H with 9.73 compression, ran 10.9s all day long & the cam was on the milder side as cams would go for the torque it produced, then i went with the Comp 282 solid stick (i think that was the core) i've slept since then lol, it was there .520/.540, had Comp custom grind the core for the lift/dur. i wanted, made it a .529/.543 & .250/.256 @50 on a 108, car still ran 10.9s lol.

Dart273,I never have owned a computer or a hotrod in my life ,so iam sorry if I fall short of your expectations! I will get pics. Posted ASAP. The reason I bought this "RIG" as you call it,was because I thought it has potential.With the great help from most of you I WILL know what iam looking at when asked. Now,if you ever need help setting up a M40A2 for a 1500yrd. Center shot, call me , that's what USMC. Trained me to be a EXPERT at.

Dart273,I never have owned a computer or a hotrod in my life ,so iam sorry if I fall short of your expectations! I will get pics. Posted ASAP. The reason I bought this "RIG" as you call it,was because I thought it has potential.With the great help from most of you I WILL know what iam looking at when asked. Now,if you ever need help setting up a M40A2 for a 1500yrd. Center shot, call me , that's what USMC. Trained me to be a EXPERT at.

ok understandable but try to be more discriptive. I still dont believe that the cam was your problem. You have to fix the other stuff to know for sure. Keep it simple. The reason people ask for photos and more information is because there trying to help. But its tough to troubleshoot over the computer. Which is why we ask for the information. What you should do is assume that this motor was built correctly and try to figure out why its not running right.

Whats timing set at? Remove that spacer. Whats your compression ratio? Once you put it all back together and it still runs like a turd that work would have been for nothing. Did you remove the lifters as well? Hopefully you marked there location if you are resuing them. People DO want to help but need more input from the guy needing help to make be able to tell you what might be going on.

M40A2 for a 1500yrd. Center shot, call me , that's what USMC. Trained me to be a EXPERT at.

Only 1500yds? What do you need glasses??

LOl... Sorry, I had to. It's just like setting up and calculating windage. You just take it one thing at a time, and get it right for the environment you're in.

Thanks for your service BTW.

Point taken. I will do more to get up to speed on my computer as well. Between putting a 12-14hr day on the farm and other events,its a gas man!!

Dart273,I never have owned a computer or a hotrod in my life ,so iam sorry if I fall short of your expectations! I will get pics. Posted ASAP. The reason I bought this "RIG" as you call it,was because I thought it has potential.With the great help from most of you I WILL know what iam looking at when asked. Now,if you ever need help setting up a M40A2 for a 1500yrd. Center shot, call me , that's what USMC. Trained me to be a EXPERT at.[/Q that's telling em.

Well if it's a .470 ish cam Id say it's more of a street cam than anything.

Your shooting for 500 hp? Heads are limited to about 530-550 ish depending on the porter. I would think the heads would also hamper your 60 ft times somewhat unless you have steep gears and a hi stall tc.

Thanks for your service Roger. It's much appreciated. And your doing good for being new on the puter. We asked for pics cause it makes things so much easier to understand.

iam sorry if I fall short of your expectations! I will get pics. Posted ASAP. .

This has nothing to do with "my expectations." I guess I assumed that someone who can afford a car as you have so far described could afford a cheap point and shoot camera and post a few pictures.

But the POINT is that it seems to me you have ignored the basics.

It took several rants here, and arguments about carb size to determine that you have a

BRICK WALL

installed under your carb

That spacer you described sounds to me like it would hurt--a lot.

No, I don't need your help setting up a big bore gun. I used to shoot .44's a lot when I was younger. My arthritis has put and end to that

However, I do still pack around a little bitty Ruger 357 5 holer

Iam sorry about the arthritis and you are a true shot if chose the 357 over the .44 The .44,9mm and 12gage are for people with no aim! Its my wifes mission to get a nice dig.camara this week so I will be up to speed.

-
Back