Does the carpet match the...

-

paulclark

Early A fanatic
Reaction score
Looking at fender tags and interior codes, it looks to me like carpet usually matches seat color, yes?

So then I was wondering how many different interior areas could be ordered in different colors. The exterior paint is one, the seat upholstery is another, and the tags talk about the interior door jamb area - seems like it would be color matched to the interior rather than the outside paint. And I have seen several cars with red interior and white headliner. What about the dash?

So that makes:

exterior paint color
exterior trim color (64 GT stripe)
door jambs etc
dashboard
carpet
seats
headliner
door skins

Now I doubt all of those could be colored differently, which ones were grouped together for color purposes? I'm thinking of early A's especially.

Well, if the seats are white, the carpet definetly does not match the seat color! I believe that it matches the upper door frame color, and certain colors get black carpet, such as white! I'm not sure, and there is no callout on the build sheet for carpet color!!

The color of the floor carpet is supposed to match the patch of carpet on the bottom of the seat back panels.

-
Back