Does your car make people cry?

-
Earl Fields 68 383 Roadrunner, after Belmont excavating let out at 4 pm. I would bug him to do a "patchout" or lay a patch every day it seemed. This 10 year old must have really bugged him!

Earl Fields 68 383 Roadrunner, after Belmont excavating let out at 4 pm. I would bug him to do a "patchout" or lay a patch every day it seemed. This 10 year old must have really bugged him!
after thinking about it, every time I think about how much $$ I`ve got in this thing, I almost cry !! LOL

When I lived in NYC, I would occasionally roll my Fuel Altered out in front of the house and do whomps and chirpies.
Many tears on my block back then..not many of joy, though

We lived in similar neighborhoods.
I live on a 7-house cul-de-sac in SoCal. Years ago when I had my original '69 340 Swinger, my neighbor directly across the cul-de-sac had a '57 Chevy Cameo pickup with a built SBC. Every couple of weeks or so I pull into the cul-de-sac after work and see two black tire marks coming out of my driveway and aiming directly for his house - he'd gotten home from work, backed up to my driveway and did a quick burnout across to his driveway.
Of course I had to return the favor.
Our little cul-de-sac had a burned-rubber crosswalk from my driveway to his. The neighbor kids loved it.
Of course, this was back in the early '70s when everything wasn't as PC as it is today.
Sadly, my neighbor moved away many years ago. But I plan to do a burnout (or several) in memory of the good times when my current '69 Dart build is finished.

after thinking about it, every time I think about how much $$ I`ve got in this thing, I almost cry !! LOL

Got to agree with this statement.

Done in 1980ish it would have been easier to accept the cost's and find the parts! In these day's ouch every time!!!

I started into a line locked burn out on a lightly wet concrete surface and ran it up to about 3,500RPM's and hit second then took it to 5k and three people took off running and one woman had her hands over her face crying.
My Grand kids cry and run into corners of the room in panic when I start it out front.
Heck it ain't that loud.

6ca2b36417d1c8c22f17ed29440bf39c.jpg

Have we entered a time warp? :D

Hopeing when I get mine up and running it will make people cry since most won't keep up with it lol, course I do live in Cali so everyone can keep up with me since there's always traffic
Tell me about it. 45 minutes to get 11 miles.

My son hasn't cried, but he HAS complained that it's too loud, and too fast, and that I'm going to get a ticket. He also asks where his door is, so I moved his kiddie seat up front and just folded down the back seat. The rear seat latch is 'broken' (I accidentally broke it on purpose) so it is not safe to sit back there ha!

-
Back