"Dog" will be streaming come Friday the 11th.

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
In case anyone is a dog lover and interested.

"Dog" will be available to stream Friday March 11. Waiting............................... Woot Woot

Typical Malinois right there, no joke, they can be lovey dovey one minute and a Tasmanian Devil the next. I guess that's why I love the breed so much, a lot like my personality, lol.

PSA: Don't watch a movie and think you want one. They are a handful and then some, typically when a movie like this comes out everyone wants one, 6 months later shelters and rescues are overflowing with them. If anyone considers getting one, please do your research first, these dogs are not for the faint of heart.

Agreed. I am on my fourth…and I think last given my age, he is 12 and my last of the retired working Mals that I have had.

Agreed. I am on my fourth…and I think last given my age, he is 12 and my last of the retired working Mals that I have had.

They are like no breed I have ever experienced. Fun, frustrating, loving, hard headed, bitey all rolled into one, lol.

I chuckle at some people's comments on Malinois pages I follow.

Question: Does everyone elses Mal mouth and bite ya? :D

I've had close to a dozen dogs in my life so far. They all have unique personalities and traits, some are breed specific, but none of them were purebred. I like mutts, usually the ones that nobody else wants, they can be frustrating one minute and the next minute you realize that you never want to be without them. Looking forward to seeing this movie.
:thumbsup:

They are like no breed I have ever experienced. Fun, frustrating, loving, hard headed, bitey all rolled into one, lol.

I chuckle at some people's comments on Malinois pages I follow.

Question: Does everyone elses Mal mouth and bite ya? :D

Well, mine were paid to bite, so…haha

2C226904-D2C5-49F0-B69D-A1033F5AC46C.jpeg

4C4FA354-6820-4FE9-B1B1-FBBBBD928AE2.jpeg

A2456819-2CB3-40F2-BF04-2392D55236EB.jpeg

467DA72F-815F-4FC8-B8B1-65389A5ABB57.jpeg

A26D8BA9-F923-4253-A4AE-E985B8E4E3E9.jpeg

I too have a LEO European Shepard not to be confused with Mals. My buddy has a Mal. Maybe sixty pounds, mine is just over 100. The Mal wears mine out on a regular basis. No comparison for energy and make no mistake mine is a high energy Shepard. Mal for the win. A couple of days dog sitting and I know for a fact I am to old for a Mal puppy. Sticking to the GSD! Not man enough for the coiled spring!

B735786E-CD2E-4830-9266-10CA66329B28.jpeg

I too have a LEO European Shepard not to be confused with Mals. My buddy has a Mal. Maybe sixty pounds, mine is just over 100. The Mal wears mine out on a regular basis. No comparison for energy and make no mistake mine is a high energy Shepard. Mal for the win. A couple of days dog sitting and I know for a fact I am to old for a Mal puppy. Sticking to the GSD! Not man enough for the coiled spring!

View attachment 1715883931

Malinois are GSD's on crack, lol.

The one in the back of the pic with his ears down is a handful and a half. We rescued him from an abusive situation. Can you imagine trying to rehabilitate an abused Mal?

He is of Ot Vitosha blood lines and a serious working dog. We went through hell with him for about a year and a half, both of us were bitten by him more than once, but it was worth it, he has turned into the most incredible dog, I still have to keep him muzzled around the grand kids just so we don't have any accidents, but he loves them.. He just had some trust issues, once we got beyond that what a difference.

He was a case of a guy that thought he wanted a Mal, once he got him he had no idea what to do. He spent about 9 months in a crate in the garage, only to come out and eat and go outside. He had zero social skills and we are still working on that, he adopted my wife as "his person" and I dare anyone mess with her, I can't even brush her hair without him getting upset.

It's crazy to spend 2000.00 on a dog and just lock him away, what a waste. I asked him once why he had him locked away and he said, "he's too hyper". Well duh.

We are also too old to handle a mal puppy. We learned the hard way. Long story, but we had to re-home this girl (who LOVED me, but not the girlfriend)
Unfortunately the friend who wanted her can't handle her either. Gsd on crack is an understatement. (Long story short, she hurt the shepherd in the pic, girlfriend said she had to go....)

20211109_154143.jpg

20211109_154108.jpg

20211109_154058.jpg

I would take her back and try to work with her and a trainer..... but that's not gonna happen.

We are also too old to handle a mal puppy. We learned the hard way. Long story, but we had to re-home this girl (who LOVED me, but not the girlfriend)
Unfortunately the friend who wanted her can't handle her either. Gsd on crack is an understatement. (Long story short, she hurt the shepherd in the pic, girlfriend said she had to go....)

View attachment 1715883940

View attachment 1715883941

View attachment 1715883942
I would take her back and try to work with her and a trainer..... but that's not gonna happen.

Nice looking pup.

The one in the back of the pic with his ears down is a handful and a half. We rescued him from an abusive situation. Can you imagine trying to rehabilitate an abused Mal?

He is of Ot Vitosha blood lines and a serious working dog. We went through hell with him for about a year and a half, both of us were bitten by him more than once, but it was worth it, he has turned into the most incredible dog, I still have to keep him muzzled around the grand kids just so we don't have any accidents, but he loves them.. He just had some trust issues, once we got beyond that what a difference.

He was a case of a guy that thought he wanted a Mal, once he got him he had no idea what to do. He spent about 9 months in a crate in the garage, only to come out and eat and go outside. He had zero social skills and we are still working on that, he adopted my wife as "his person" and I dare anyone mess with her, I can't even brush her hair without him getting upset.

It's crazy to spend 2000.00 on a dog and just lock him away, what a waste. I asked him once why he had him locked away and he said, "he's too hyper". Well duh.

That’s straight animal abuse and that guy needs his *** beat until he needs to spend some hard time in ICU.

As
Yea but fun as hell hunting people with them!

Being in a LEO family we often get exposed to some great animals coming and going or at various stages of development, folks that get these dogs and put them in crates for hours on end, and ignore or abuse them, well there is a special place for those folks. We rescue as many as we can and or help place them. Both breeds have a special place in our hearts. Next evolution, my wife wants two at same time in hopes one will select her to bond with. As you all know there is just no telling who they will bond with, heck it could be the neighbors cat or the milk man or anything in between! But once selected that bond is unbreakable for all intent and purpose. That is why so many Marines and Soldiers try so hard to adopt them upon retirement. LEOs are same way. Once you have watched one work and develop you are never the same. The process is long and hard and most likely every single person posting here has got the fuzzy end of the lollipop (bit) from their dog at least once. We recognize they are just being what they are and we need to speak “better dog”

The process is long and hard and most likely every single person posting here has got the fuzzy end of the lollipop (bit) from their dog at least once.

We carry marks on our arms almost always, nothing intentional but once that drive kicks in it takes a bit to cap it. Still hands down the best breed I have shared space with.

I can be sitting in my chair and my young one will walk up, put his teeth on my arm and squeeze, while giving me side eye, lol.

View attachment 1715883940

View attachment 1715883941

View attachment 1715883942

She's beautiful. Shame we aren't closer. I keep telling the wife I want one more, a female (yeah, glutton for punishment) but it isn't in the cards at the moment.

That’s straight animal abuse and that guy needs his *** beat until he needs to spend some hard time in ICU.

Yeah, but we got us a happy boy now. He still gets crated at night and when we go shopping, but other than that he is free to roam. I'm really surprised he doesn't have an aversion to it since he spent 9 months in one. Sometimes we leave the door open and he will go in there and lay down on his own.

20210604_172104_HDR.jpg

Yeah, but we got us a happy boy now. He still gets crated at night and when we go shopping, but other than that he is free to roam. I'm really surprised he doesn't have an aversion to it since he spent 9 months in one. Sometimes we leave the door open and he will go in there and lay down on his own.

View attachment 1715884097
Nice. (And beautiful!) You are a good man, sir. (I'm really missing my girl, right at the moment......)

Nice. (And beautiful!) You are a good man, sir. (I'm really missing my girl, right at the moment......)

Funny how attached we get to these knuckleheads. I posted this elsewhere in August 2017, the day the vet came to put Harrie down…no control from the neck down, but died with a bite sleeve in his mouth…He is the 85# mahogany Mal in the pic with the Blue background.

Harrie was imported as a KNPV PH-1 Malinois and selected to be my partner in Dec. 2007. We obtained certifications as a patrol and explosive detection K9 team.

Harrie was a passionate biter well known for his deep full mouth grip and extreme pressure. He was social and friendly, a clear headed dog. Tireless and fearless. A tough warrior of 85 lbs.

Harrie won explosive detection competitions and put these skills to use doing safety sweeps at NFL and NCAA events, Presidential and other dignitary visits and suspicious packages and other dangerous searches.

Harrie nose in locating critical evidence lead to the resolution of many felony cases by locating crime scenes, cartridge casings, knives and other items. His reputation for "article searches" caused other agencies to call upon him and to encourage others to learn the training technique.

Harrie protected officers by assuming the risk of entering buildings in search of suspects. Trailed murderers, robbers, burglars and the like. In one case he extracted a trouble combat vet out of a car and away from weapons; certainly saving his life and preventing the suicide by cop scenario the soldier was planning.

Harrie led and kept me safe until Aug. 2013 when injuries forced his retirement.

Harrie was never predicted to survive this long. He fought knee and wrist injuries, working a few years with these. Laryngeal Paralysis brought him to early retirement which caused overheating issues in the Arizona desert. Later a cancerous tumor was removed and neuropathy became his enemies.

I can’t get the trailer to play. Can someone clue me in on where it’s streaming?

Thanks

-
Back